Terran Petteway: B1G POTY

Petteway POTY  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no reason other than the win-loss record that you can make a distinction between the 3 players named above. The fact that only 3 losses separate NU and Michigan and 5 losses separate NU and Wisconsin tells me that it shouldn't be a factor.

It would be different if one of those teams were undefeated or a one loss team ranked in the top 5 and looked dominant and had the most dominant player in the league. But they don't so Pettaway is a very good choice as long as the season continues in the manner that it is going.

I don't believe there is any player in the BIG that is more important to their team. No other player has taken their team on their back like Petteway has and lifted them to the point where we are right now.

While i think Petteway is the most important piece to a teams success like Nebraska, the award isnt an MVP award, it is player of the year.... So i think you have to look at who is the best player.. I think It is still the Stauskas, but Petteway(just like the huskers chances at going to the dance) can improve with its final 4 games. If he continues to average 22+ pts a game and we win out... things change.

I don't believe there is any player in the BIG that is more important to their team. No other player has taken their team on their back like Petteway has and lifted them to the point where we are right now.

While i think Petteway is the most important piece to a teams success like Nebraska, the award isnt an MVP award, it is player of the year.... So i think you have to look at who is the best player.. I think It is still the Stauskas, but Petteway(just like the huskers chances at going to the dance) can improve with its final 4 games. If he continues to average 22+ pts a game and we win out... things change.

I fully understand. Something this morning made me roll my eyes. Listening to the radio, they were talking about how Petteway probably won't get it because the last 5 BIG POYs were all from teams in the top 3 in the conference and someone from the 5-6th team in the conference just isn't going to get it.

Fine...then, I don't care about the award. This sounds too much like the Heisman which is only given to the best QB and sometimes RB on the best team in the country.

Now, if he doesn't get it I understand. I would mark it up more to his play early in the year. It took him some time to get his feet under him and start playing at the level he is at now. If he had started the year playing this way and still not get it, then it would be a crime.

I fully understand. Something this morning made me roll my eyes. Listening to the radio, they were talking about how Petteway probably won't get it because the last 5 BIG POYs were all from teams in the top 3 in the conference and someone from the 5-6th team in the conference just isn't going to get it.

Fine...then, I don't care about the award. This sounds too much like the Heisman which is only given to the best QB and sometimes RB on the best team in the country.

Now, if he doesn't get it I understand. I would mark it up more to his play early in the year. It took him some time to get his feet under him and start playing at the level he is at now. If he had started the year playing this way and still not get it, then it would be a crime.

I don't know about that............I watched him pour in about 30 back in November down in Charleston. I think he has been our go-to guy really all year.

I don't know about that............I watched him pour in about 30 back in November down in Charleston. I think he has been our go-to guy really all year.

He has been good. But, I remember him having turnover problems early in the year.

He has been good. But, I remember him having turnover problems early in the year.

Agree with you there and unfortunately I suspect the turnovers will continue when he periodically plays the point or tries those ill-fated across the paint passes. My only point was that he has been a scorer all year.

Who would be in more trouble? Michigan without Stauskas? Or Nebraska without Petteway? Not saying this answers the question, but this no-brainer certainly tells a little story.

Again.. it isnt a MVP award... it is best player award.

Michigan has other talent... doesnt take away from what he has done.

And, their over all team record vs. our overall team record shouldn't matter either......but it does.