Okay, which one of you's behind this?

papersun87

it would help if there was something on the line every time we met...like a chance to a big bowl or natl championship...not a corn bowl. i'm 47 and we may not have a new rival in my lifetime...

With the way the divisions have been divided, Wisconsin will likely become a born rivalry faster than you think. These two fan bases already love playing each other, we just have to become a little more competitive to make them want to beat us more :)

just because fans hate each other doesn't make it a rivalry. They key to a rivalry is knowing that either team has a chance to win no matter what. anytime a supposed rivalry starts getting one sided some teams no longer consider it a rivalry because of the domination, aka us in the Big 8. now we know what it feels like when playing a team doesn't consider us a rival, like we did with Big 12 North teams. it sucks.

it would help if there was something on the line every time we met...like a chance to a big bowl or natl championship...not a corn bowl. i'm 47 and we may not have a new rival in my lifetime...

With the way the divisions have been divided, Wisconsin will likely become a born rivalry faster than you think. These two fan bases already love playing each other, we just have to become a little more competitive to make them want to beat us more :)

just because fans hate each other doesn't make it a rivalry. They key to a rivalry is knowing that either team has a chance to win no matter what. anytime a supposed rivalry starts getting one sided some teams no longer consider it a rivalry because of the domination, aka us in the Big 8. now we know what it feels like when playing a team doesn't consider us a rival, like we did with Big 12 North teams. it sucks.

Who in the hell said fans had to hate each other to make it a rivalry? Just making assumptions to have something to argue about?

If you ask any Wisconsin fan, they will tell you that they feel Nebraska will become a rival soon, especially with the conference alignment.

Who in the hell said fans had to hate each other to make it a rivalry? Just making assumptions to have something to argue about?

If you ask any Wisconsin fan, they will tell you that they feel Nebraska will become a rival soon, especially with the conference alignment.

Hate makes everything better! ;). jk. Usually a true rival hates the other school but with respect. The scores are close and so is the series. The only way Wisconsin will see us a rival is if we stop letting them kick our ass. I don't have a preference who our natural rival is but Northwestern has a better chance right now than Wisconsin. Down the line that could change but rarely does.

Bucky?

Nah. I know nothing of this and am against it. I want Minnesota as the last game of the season. Wouldn't mind making NU or Iowa the first team we face in the B1G each year though. Kind of rivalry bookends.

We're in a weird place with rivals though. In a way we almost have too many. The lower level rivalries we had with OSU and MSU are going to die down with division realignment. Iowa and Minnesota are our traditional rivals though I care way less about the Iowa game than I do about Minny. I see NU potentially replacing Iowa over time.

That may not be representative of the entire fan base though, it's the same deal with the Packers and their rivalries. I'm from NW Wisconsin about 100 miles east of the Twin Cities so I've always hated the Gophers and Vikings the most. People from Southern Wisconsin, which is the lionshare of the state, tend to hate the Hawkeyes and Bears more.

Okay, which one of you's behind this?

https://petitions.wh...adgers/tL7Fs92v

Only 99,998 signatures to go. :facepalm:

My question is, how did you find out about this petition?

For kicks, I created a petition on the White House website, just to understand the process. This is what they sent me in return:

Thank you for creating a petition on We the People!

You now have 30 days to get 100,000 signatures in order for your petition to be reviewed by the White House. Until your petition has 150 signatures, it will only be available from the following URL and will not be publicly viewable on the Open Petitions section of We the People.

So for you to have known about this petition when it only had two signatures means either you or someone you know created it. Was that "someone you know" someone on another message board, a friend, someone from twitter, or what?

Don't hold out on us, papersun!

• Fire 2

I wouldnt mind playing Wiscy at the end of the year IF that meant we could play Iowa in week 1 or 2. I think opening the year with a conference game on the line would do wonders for our mentality. Also it would alow us to put a patsy in towards the end to prepare for the Wisconsin game.