The Great Big List of Husker Fan Excuses

knapplc

originally I thought how could someone sit and come up 85 of the most irritating Husker fan excuses Then I tried it and know it just feels good. Kind of like vomiting; you always feel better when you get the bile out.

We never play well on National TV

We always play down to the level of competition

Our S/C coach sucks.

Lawerene Phillips made our team look like a bunch of thugs

Bo never plays Freshman

The players won't play for Bo

We have too many white players on the football team.

We don't recruit good enough in-state

We refuse to create pipelines and get good kids

Bo only recruits kids with good attitudes and doesn't care about talent

Bo did illegals substances with Carl, that is why our play calling was better when Carl was here.

Bo's cat is the one calling defensive plays.

Ross Els is solely the reason Special Teams sucks

Coach Rick K isn't doing his job good enough and that is why our DL sucks.

The President refuses to move Nebraska closer to Florida to help our recruiting

#ObamasFault

Don't forget about the excuses we make for the other team as to why we beat them.

1.) Injuries- If they were at full strength, they would have beaten us.

2.) We beat them handily, so they must suck- sometimes even after saying they were a good team or could give us problems the week before.

3.) We got lucky- If they didn't miss that 40+ yard field goal, we wouldn't have won.

4.) Their coaches lost them the game- Because Bo and Co. are the only coaches that make bad personnel decisions or call bad plays.

• Fire 2

2.) We beat them handily, so they must suck- sometimes even after saying they were a good team . . .

When was the last time we beat a good team handily? 2011 Michigan State?

That's the only example I could think of, and yeah, I didn't agree with the feeble attempts to downplay that performance. It was a good one.

edit: Missouri 2010 is another (the only other?) example, I guess. I think most people agreed that was a solid win against a good team, though.

Edited by The Dude

2.) We beat them handily, so they must suck

When was the last time we beat a good team handily? 2011 Michigan State?

That's the only example I could think of, and yeah, I didn't agree with the feeble attempts to downplay that performance. It was a good one.

There were a few people that were saying Illinois' offense would give us problems and could possibly even beat us. Then we more or less shut them down and they were saying that their offense was overrated. That was what I was also trying to say with that one, but maybe I didn't word that one the best.

Well, this is an enlightening thread.

I guess I'm the fuddy-duddy, don't see much humor here.

Huskerboard isn't serious enough nor supportive of the players. They read this and get the sads, no wonder they lost to Minnesota.

Between us and the damned media, no wonder these kids can't focus on gamedays. All we do is make Bo's job impossible. I feel ashamed. Who knew I was such a huge part of what happens on the field on Saturdays?

What about the fact that Bo's cat had apparently been held hostage for years? And this fact was covered up by both the school and the coach? How many games did we lose because our head coach was worried out of his mind about the well-being of a feline?

Hmmm . . .

That's not very funny. Just stop it meow.

Our name doesn't start with "O" therefore: William Buffet doesn't donate to the FB program like T Boone donates to Okie State or Nike does to Oregon

Sooner magic

The refs hate us

Scott Frost went to Stanford 1st

The media felt sorry for Mich and were tired of NU dominance: therefore the co-NC in 97

Texas spiked our food in 96

Texas jink