Nebraska Pro Day

From NFL.com:

Taylor Martinez played quarterback at Nebraska — starting 43 games at the position during four seasons with the Cornhuskers — but might be a man without a position as an NFL draft hopeful.

Martinez (6-foot 1/4, 201 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 and 4.6 seconds. He had a 39-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-9 broad jump. He had a 20-yard short shuttle time of 4.03 seconds and did the three-cone drill in 6.85 seconds. All of those numbers with the exception of the three-cone would have either been the best among quarterbacks or matched the best among quarterbacks at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB (6-2 7/8, 213) — Jean-Baptiste ran the 40 in 4.48 and 4.45 seconds, had a short shuttle time of 4.27 seconds and a three-cone time of 6.72 seconds. He did not participate in the jumps (he was a top performer in both the vertical jump and the broad jump among cornerbacks at the combine). He has very long arms, is smooth in coverage and displays good ball skills (he originally came to Nebraska as a wide receiver). Jean-Baptiste should be a second-day draft pick.
Quincy Enunwa, WR (6-1, 226) — A hamstring prevented Enunwa — who was at the combine — from working out.

Per NFL.com Martinez ran a 4.45 40, 39" vertical, 10'9" broad jump, 4.03 shuttle and 6.85 three cone drill

Best QB 40 at the Combine this year was 4.61 by Logan Thomas. "Recent Best" was 4.35 by Reggie McNeal in 2006. Unsure how far back "recent" is - 2006?

Best QB Vertical was 35.5 by Logan Thomas. Recent Best was 40.0.

Best QB Broad Jump was 9'10" by Logan Thomas. Recent Best was 10'8" by Brad Smith.

Best QB Shuttle was 4.03 by Manziel. Recent Best was 3.99.

Best QB Cone Drill was 6.55 by Jordan Lynch, which is also the Recent Best. Martinez would have been third behind Manziel (6.75).

Doesn't look like any 2014 QBs did Bench. Looks like few ever do but since 2006 there were only five guys with more than Martinez's 19.

With Martinez's athletic ability, I would really be surprised if some team didn't take a risk with him. Bottom line, regardless of folks opinions on his abilities, the numbers prove he was an athletic freak. Had he stayed healthy this year, we might have the conference championship and BCS win.................

With Martinez's athletic ability, I would really be surprised if some team didn't take a risk with him. Bottom line, regardless of folks opinions on his abilities, the numbers prove he was an athletic freak. Had he stayed healthy this year, we might have the conference championship and BCS win.................

Bold statement

Looks like 4.45 was his official fastest one...WOW

That's all he got? I ran a 4.5 40 my senior year of high school. I would have been all state if my coach weren't such a jerk.

Are you from a superiorly athletic family?

But really, i do believe you. I actually ran a 4.11 40 yesterday handtimed by myself. I took off then pressed the start button, so since i started it a little late i stopped it a little early so evening things out. So, pretty accurate i think.

• Fire 4