Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

Not sure if it's true or they just are denying it. What ever happened, it is becoming clear that who ever did this, knew what the heck they were doing. I am starting to believe more and more that the plane never crashed. Supposedly, it was taken up to 45,000 feet and if it stayed there long enough, all the passengers would have died. The pilots possibly would have oxygen on so they were fine.

I believe they did this to kill the passengers, then their plans are to use the plane for something such as a weapon.

Not a good situation.

Malaysian officials on Monday denied knowledge of a newspaper report that the plane may have dropped to an altitude of 5,000 feet to defeat commercial radar coverage. "We are not aware of that report, and that's a thing the investigative team has to look into. It does not come from us," Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya told reporters in Kuala Lumpur. CNN could not immediately confirm the newspaper's account.

The report, published Monday by Malaysia's New Straits Times, said the flight dropped to 5,000 feet after turning back from its Kuala Lumpur-Beijing route on March 8 and quoted unnamed officials as saying "it's possible that the aircraft had hugged the terrain in some areas that are mountainous to avoid radar detection." New Straits Times Editor Farrah Naz Karim told CNN's "New Day" that the newspaper spoke to sources close to the investigation and asked how flying at that altitude could be done. She added that this is one aspect that investigators could be looking into but it's all speculation at this point.

Sorry, forgot the LINK

Why would passengers have died at 45,000 feet? How high do commercial flights typically go?

The service ceiling is listed at 43,100 feet. I highly doubt the cabin would decompress at 45,000 feet.

I don't think it would necessarily decompress either. Here's what I found on a quick google search. Says the actual ceiling is only limited by the engines ability to produce thrust. "There would not be a decompression". The Concorde flew at 60,000 feet. Some of today's jets can get to 50,000 but most are 45,000 or less.

Malaysian officials on Monday denied knowledge of a newspaper report that the plane may have dropped to an altitude of 5,000 feet to defeat commercial radar coverage. "We are not aware of that report, and that's a thing the investigative team has to look into. It does not come from us," Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya told reporters in Kuala Lumpur. CNN could not immediately confirm the newspaper's account.

The report, published Monday by Malaysia's New Straits Times, said the flight dropped to 5,000 feet after turning back from its Kuala Lumpur-Beijing route on March 8 and quoted unnamed officials as saying "it's possible that the aircraft had hugged the terrain in some areas that are mountainous to avoid radar detection." New Straits Times Editor Farrah Naz Karim told CNN's "New Day" that the newspaper spoke to sources close to the investigation and asked how flying at that altitude could be done. She added that this is one aspect that investigators could be looking into but it's all speculation at this point.

.........plus earth curvature and ground clutter (false echo) without transponder. In fact, ground clutter in ocean waters are sometimes worst than land terrain......better than stealth aircraft, again sometimes. I was a radar tech in Air Force career.

The first turn to the west that diverted the missing Malaysia Airlines plane from its planned flight path from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing was carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems, according to senior American officials.

Instead of manually operating the plane’s controls, whoever altered Flight 370’s path typed seven or eight keystrokes into a computer on a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer, according to officials. The Flight Management System, as the computer is known, directs the plane from point to point specified in the flight plan submitted before a flight. It is not clear whether the plane’s path was reprogrammed before or after it took off.

The fact that the turn away from Beijing was programmed into the computer has reinforced the belief of investigators — first voiced by Malaysian officials — that the plane was deliberately diverted and that foul play was involved. It has also increased their focus on the plane’s captain and first officer.

New York Times

The article I liked above has quite a bit of good info if you want to get caught up on what's going on.

I had heard them talking about the arcs that the satellite indicated but wasn't sure where they were talking about. They knew the plane was still communicating with the satellite but no exact location. The article had this graphic to show the arcs. I would think the northern arc would be far more likely.

Edit: for some reason the labeling didn't come across but can be seen here.

arc-600.png

Wow, that's interesting.

I don't really see how this plane could be used as a weapon exactly. What are they going to do, fly it again? Then again, what would two pilots be needing to run away from so dramatically with a few hundred of their closest friends? Wonder if they're looking at the passenger list. My extensive experience watching spy thrillers on TV tells me there might have been a high value target on board.

Wow, that's interesting.

I don't really see how this plane could be used as a weapon exactly. What are they going to do, fly it again? Then again, what would two pilots be needing to run away from so dramatically with a few hundred of their closest friends? Wonder if they're looking at the passenger list. My extensive experience watching spy thrillers on TV tells me there might have been a high value target on board.

I would guess they would have to fly it into something. I was going to say you'd think they could see in coming on radar far enough ahead to scramble some military jets but obviously they can fly it "off the radar" pretty well for being a jumbo jet. They don't seem to be too interested in anyone but the flight crew being the perpetrators for now, although you could be right about the reasoning. The article basically says whoever made the change knew what they were doing and you'd think they'd have figured out who else on the plane would know how to do that. Still leaving open somebody forcing the pilots to do something but, again, they don't seem too interested in anyone else.

Wow, that's interesting.

I firmly believe this plane is destined to be used for something not good. If this were just the run of the mill terrorist hijacking, why would they divert the plane and fly under radar and get lost? It doesn't make sense. Just blow the thing up and take credit for it.

This plane is hidden somewhere and is being made into something we are not going to like. How about if someone were to put a nuclear bomb on it and take off again? What if it was rigged so that if it were shot down, the bomb would go off? They then make certain demands while they are flying over populated areas???

The craziest part of this scenario is stealing the plane....well......scratch that off the list.

The Malaysia Airlines flight that vanished nearly two weeks ago was already 12 minutes into its diverted course when the plane's co-pilot calmly told air traffic controllers that things were "all right," former FAA spokesman Scott Brenner said Tuesday on "The Kelly File."

"One of the pilots clearly had the intention ... that he was going to take (the plane) in a different direction," Brenner told host Megyn Kelly. "It's 100 percent clear this pilot, or this co-pilot, was going to take this plane with the intent of doing something bad."

At 1:19 p.m. on March 8, 12 minutes after the plane had changed course to the west, co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid gave a routine "All right, good night" in his final radio call.

Brenner also believes it's likely that Hamid and pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah were both involved in the decision to change the flight's course.

"For a pilot or a co-pilot to punch in a new waypoint in their flight management system without the other one noticing would be hard to do," he said.

Full Article

Wow, that's interesting.

Zoogs, seriously? You don't see how this plane could be used as a weapon? Sept 11th ring a bell? This thing is going to turn up again and when it does it isn't gonna be good. This thing didn't crash, all the evidence is going against that at this point. This won't end well..........