Actual Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

Probably a little early on this but had a few things to keep in mind going forward:

Practice starts March 8. Spring Game April 12.

2014 QB Recruit Zac Darlington is enrolled and will go through conditioning and practices but will be held out of any contact.

OL transfer Alex Lewis is doing conditioning and will practice with the team. Not on scholarship this semester.

CB Daniel Davie (knee injury in November) is currently the only player expected to miss practice.

Dang, I was hoping it was already Spring, but I am extremely excited about this year.

We at least know what we will look like, and its promising. Defense isn't as questionable as it was last year, since we are young, but experienced now. Offense, at worst, will be mediocre rather than poor. If we can establish a solid defense with a mediocre offense, we can go far next year. Maybe not undefeated far, but 10-11 win season far, which would be good enough to me, depending on how and when those losses come.

With AA returning, at least we know we can lean on him early in the year while the offense works out some kinks. Until we find a receiver to replace Q and the whole QB battle is decided,I expect that's what we'll do. We need to be able to pass successfully and efficiently when we want to, not when we need to. I only say this because the running game is less of a question mark than the passing game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 3m

Just bloggin': Three Huskers (Moore, Moudy, Davie) to miss spring practice, Pelini says: http://bit.ly/1ce0mfR via @journalstarnews

Summary:

Moudy and Moore have shoulder injuries.

Davie we already knew about (knee)

Gerry will play "some safety"

CJax will play Nickel

Moore? I thought we burned him at the stake already Huskerboard?

Alonzo Moore-WR