Actual Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

The interceptions aren't a major concern for me, yet. First couple of practices, working out the kinks. Plus, it sounds like they're retooling the offense a little. There's just so many factors at play I don't think anyone should sit here and say oh boy here we go again because that's kind of what the spring is for.

But, as I've said in the past, I do hope the person that starts at QB has a good handle on ball security. We need a guy that can make plays but most important take care of the football. No more leading the nation in turnovers type stuff. And you can easily say turnovers are one of the biggest reasons Nebraska has been 9-4 for a millennia now. We simply turn the ball over far too often. A QB that takes care of the ball will do wonders, and I'll even sacrifice a little outlandish playmaking ability (like TM had at times in his career) if it means we turn the ball over 10 less times a season.

Iowa and Michigan State last year come to mind. You don't win games when you turn it over that much. Limiting the TO's should be good for 1-2 more wins.

As for the INTs, yeah, it's a trend by the QB. I'm ready to move on to Jamal or Johnny. Tommy seems like a great kid, but a below average QB. I know, I know, he's just a soph. and I'm jumping the gun, but I saw nothing that led me to believe that he will be a good QB. Hope I'm wrong.

Are we doing the "Why don't we run screen plays, that's stupid" or "Why do we run screen plays, that's stupid" thing? here...hard to keep track sometimes :lol:

As for the INTs, yeah, it's a trend by the QB. I'm ready to move on to Jamal or Johnny. Tommy seems like a great kid, but a below average QB. I know, I know, he's just a soph. and I'm jumping the gun, but I saw nothing that led me to believe that he will be a good QB. Hope I'm wrong.

Are we doing the "Why don't we run screen plays, that's stupid" or "Why do we run screen plays, that's stupid" thing? here...hard to keep track sometimes :lol:

Not a fan of the WR screen. I hope that Beck doesn't go all crapahan with the WR screen.

Not a fan of the WR screen. I hope that Beck doesn't go all crapahan with the WR screen.

Tom Osborne loved that screen. So do a lot of NFL coaches. Can't give Beck and Callahan all the credit/blame.