Actual Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

I wonder if Adam Taylor has ever smiled...he looks like he is all business...just like me

Are you finally coming to the tailgate or not? If so, you better not smile or I'm kicking you in the nuts.

I will be in Lincoln that day so I will probably stop by...if I am not smashed by 10am

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 5m

Ameer Abdullah tries to carve up the #Husker defense during practices. But after? He can't say enough good things... http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/article_853ac0c8-6814-5710-9c1c-0e2686c84f52.html …

But there is one way to get Abdullah talking like a fan. Get him talking about that Husker defense. Nine spring practices have already made Abdullah a gushing fan of the talent he and his offensive mates are squaring off against.

When asked if there’s anything that gives him a different vibe about this team compared with past teams, Abdullah spits out an answer before the question is completed.

“That defense, man. That defense is athletic,” he said. “Even when Lavonte David was here, obviously he brought just the ultimate in being an athlete. He could run a guy down from the backside. He could get cut block and still get up and make the tackle. But overall (this year), in each spot, I feel it’s very athletic. … They fly around to the ball and that’s what you want, because if they give the offense the ball, more than likely we’re going to score.”

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 5m

Ameer Abdullah tries to carve up the #Husker defense during practices. But after? He can't say enough good things... http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/article_853ac0c8-6814-5710-9c1c-0e2686c84f52.html …

But there is one way to get Abdullah talking like a fan. Get him talking about that Husker defense. Nine spring practices have already made Abdullah a gushing fan of the talent he and his offensive mates are squaring off against.

When asked if there’s anything that gives him a different vibe about this team compared with past teams, Abdullah spits out an answer before the question is completed.

“That defense, man. That defense is athletic,” he said. “Even when Lavonte David was here, obviously he brought just the ultimate in being an athlete. He could run a guy down from the backside. He could get cut block and still get up and make the tackle. But overall (this year), in each spot, I feel it’s very athletic. … They fly around to the ball and that’s what you want, because if they give the offense the ball, more than likely we’re going to score.”

fa22f0c2_kool-aid-man-family-guy-gif-i9.gif

• Fire 3

Unbalanced right?

Winner. Not sure it's a big deal, just happened to notice it while looking at practice pics from yesterday. Wonder if we'll use it much.

We've used it fairly regularly for the last few years so I'm sure we'll see it again.

I knew we used it a couple times, I guess I don't remember "regularly".

Unbalanced right?

Winner. Not sure it's a big deal, just happened to notice it while looking at practice pics from yesterday. Wonder if we'll use it much.

We've used it fairly regularly for the last few years so I'm sure we'll see it again.

I knew we used it a couple times, I guess I don't remember "regularly".

I'm not sure we use it every game but I'd say at least 9-10 games per year and when we do, we usually run it 6-8 plays per game. Just guessing on the exact numbers but it's pretty close to that.