Why was Eazy E banned?

The calls to bring EZ-E back imply that he was banned capriciously or without good cause. Neither are true. I personally warned him via PM on several occasions. I cautioned him in person, face to face. I made it utterly clear in his last few months here that he, through his own actions, had placed himself at the threshold of a ban.

The warnings I gave him were not ambiguous, they did not mince words, and they contained direct examples of what not to do.

He was given similar warnings as other people, both publicly and via the official warning system. Others who have had similar warnings have amended their behavior and have remained members. I'm not naming names, but many people can back me up on that if they choose. Others who did not heed those warnings have, like EZ-E, been banned. It was and always has been their choice whether they remain members.

Not one member, no matter how popular or unpopular, Member or Moderator, is above the rules of this site. EZ-E knew those rules and chose to persist in his behavior.

That's the bottom line.

• Fire 2

The guy wasn't able to have a conversation with anybody who didn't shove Kool-Aid up their rears all season. Me and him had a bout for that reason, when all I was saying was that I didn't believe Bo could get us trending up. If he doesn't agree with you, you're an idiot in his eyes and there's nothing you can say that matters. Your clique can have reunions at the tailgate though!

He got riled up and carried away, but your assessment is lacking a bit of accuracy if you ask me. I was far from agreeing with him on all points, and so were plenty of other people that I can think of, but being respectful and conversational about it would yield disagreeing but not belittling responses from him. He's not unlike any other human being where however you treat him begets itself.

Not one member, no matter how popular or unpopular, Member or Moderator, is above the rules of this site. EZ-E knew those rules and chose to persist in his behavior.

That's the bottom line.

Not related to EZ-E specifically, and not looking for a specific answer but more of just an ideology, but this brings up an interesting question for me. Do people that get banned deserve to stay banned forever? And if not, why not, and what kind of a timeframe should be given for that? I mean they can't show their amends via the board, obviously, but if someone however many months or years down the line still misses this place and thinks, "wow yeah I was a douchebag", should they be able to come back?

Imma gonna chime in here, as a foil to EZ's venom.....

This board is better because he is gone. I was here before him, and I'm here after him, for however long. He wasn't the most venomous person in this history, the 07 banfest took care of most of them, but he was the worst since then. Bar none. Look at those threads in the Woodshed that involved him. He instigated every single one with his condescending, all knowing act. That's not cool. Obviously, lately, I've been a fan of the anti puff piece thread. But both them and the "Defensive player X looks good!" thread deserves their own spot. It gives the board balance, I am here to flat out guarantee you that he would have put every non status quo "we look great" thread in the Woodshed. And, maybe its just me, I think there's been some good discussion on some of the non Kool-aid threads.

Ultimately, I admit that I know I get called the inverse to ol' EZ, but I like to think that I can somehow can have some respect because I never openly insult someone's intelligence. TheSker, Po Belini, Landlord, and Hunter74 hate me but I'd buy them all a beer because at the end of the day, we're all NU fans, and its fun to debate the nuances of it all.

You had to jump through EZ's lame ass hoops to talk to him, when in reality he wasn't/isn;t close to what he purported to be here. Which was an all knowing insider. f#*k that.

• Fire 6

He was given similar warnings as other people, both publicly and via the official warning system. Others who have had similar warnings have amended their behavior and have remained members. I'm not naming names, but many people can back me up on that if they choose.

You know what? I'll back my good buddy Knapplc on this. I was told I was crossing the line recently, and I didn't think I was. Plus, I was told that sh#t I said in 2007 counted today. Yet here I am, existing for all of you to hate me.

Until of course I call someone who suggests a black-out mentally deficient or I reference a corpulent amphibian, then I'll have my own RIP thread.

The guy wasn't able to have a conversation with anybody who didn't shove Kool-Aid up their rears all season. Me and him had a bout for that reason, when all I was saying was that I didn't believe Bo could get us trending up. If he doesn't agree with you, you're an idiot in his eyes and there's nothing you can say that matters. Your clique can have reunions at the tailgate though!

He got riled up and carried away, but your assessment is lacking a bit of accuracy if you ask me. I was far from agreeing with him on all points, and so were plenty of other people that I can think of, but being respectful and conversational about it would yield disagreeing but not belittling responses from him. He's not unlike any other human being where however you treat him begets itself.

It almost seems as if you're implying people instigated him to be how he got at time when that's just not always the case. Sure he favored some users and your time on board gave you more leeway. But I can recall two times where my post count directly related to my intelligence and that I had never been to a tailgate so it was that much worse.

• Fire 1

Regarding EZ-E...

There were definitely points in time where people said things solely to garner a reaction. I believe that is trolling...but I don't know if the mods ever received reports of said trolling. It was said poster's choice to troll and it is the wrong choice. But it was EZ-E's choice to respond back, yet responding back wouldn't have been bad if he didn't respond back in a way that violated da rules of da board. It was his choice, and it too was the wrong choice.

I'll sunshine pump until I'm personally given no reason to sunshine pump, but I never go across the line of being flat out disrespectful towards other posters...mostly. You can respond back, just have to do it the right way.

The calls to bring EZ-E back imply that he was banned capriciously or without good cause. Neither are true. I personally warned him via PM on several occasions. I cautioned him in person, face to face. I made it utterly clear in his last few months here that he, through his own actions, had placed himself at the threshold of a ban.

The warnings I gave him were not ambiguous, they did not mince words, and they contained direct examples of what not to do.

He was given similar warnings as other people, both publicly and via the official warning system. Others who have had similar warnings have amended their behavior and have remained members. I'm not naming names, but many people can back me up on that if they choose. Others who did not heed those warnings have, like EZ-E, been banned. It was and always has been their choice whether they remain members.

That's the bottom line.

I'll do it. And I've spoken of such in the favorite mods thread in the shed.

As far as EZ goes, I liked the guy. I chat with him throught text all the time. I guess it's because his positive-or "sunshine pumper" attititude as it's known-is something I relate to better. Sometimes yes, I think he was straight up trolled just to garner a reaction as Bye Bye said. But also, yes, the rules are rules. I've found myself just backing away at times from a discussion when the opposite person has gone beyond any perspective and the only replies I can come up with would get me in trouble. EZ is young, passionate about the team in an extremely positive way, and frankly seems a bit hot headed. So it's not really surprising to me that it sooner or later happened. I can relate, cuz I see myself as being the same way at one time too.

As far as lifting the ban in EZ's case, as Knapp said, he had multiple warnings. And I can also recall 1 suspension for sure that he had in my time here. It would be opening up a can of worms, even as much as I would like to see it. But I look forward to his presence at the tailgate. I didnt get much time last year to bullsh#t with the likes of him and Crewe and the rest of ya's. I guess you could call us a clique all you want Polo or whatever it is, but me and you have had some pretty legit conversations in the past as well. I wouldnt mind meeting you in person either. Sometimes the process of the message board conversations just get the best of people. some dont appear to understand they need to just let some things go and not take it so personal, because there is a lack of understanding at times. I think EZ was a victim(if that's the right word) of this and tended to take some things way to personal. I used to be like that as well, but not no more (for the most part). You just have to read the words and the words only.

• Fire 1

HB has the dick clique, and I don't know if that's what Polo was specifically referencing, but the crew that shows up at tailgates is hardly clique-like.

Well sure. But I think Polo's referring to a group that is probably made up of mostly what is known as "sunshine pumpers" or "koolaid drinkers", and its seemingly perceived notion that that's a bad thing, to look at something with a positive outlook instead of a doom-and-gloom, or as is sometimes referred to as "being a realist". LOL.