A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

No I guess you only quoted my post, answered the question in it and replied directly. If you do not believe that there have been several notable players that have regressed in their tenure here, I guess that's your right, but it isn't correct.

You'll excuse me if I don't name them here, further derailing the thread and opening myself up to the "how dare you disrespect the kids! They read this!" rebuttal.

No I guess you only quoted my post, answered the question in it and replied directly. If you do not believe that there have been several notable players that have regressed in their tenure here, I guess that's your right, but it isn't correct.

You'll excuse me if I don't name them here, further derailing the thread and opening myself up to the "how dare you disrespect the kids! They read this!" rebuttal.

Nobody ever does that on this board? Everything is direct 1:1 communication?

Come on.

FTR, I never agreed or disagreed with your assertion. I merely pointed out that critics without solutions are many times uninformed, and should be ignored.

• Fire 1

Now it's several? Earlier it was a "great many".

• Fire 2
Becuase theyre not excuses. Theyre reasons.
I've seen people saying losing TM for the season as a reason for last year's disappointing result is an excuse. Blows my mind.

When people use TM's injury (one example of many) to justify last year's disappointing result, that's an excuse, by definition.

a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.

You may find that word to be unfavorable, but it's not misused.

@ Fresno State 11-2

Miami 9-4

Thank goodness for Fresno losing Derek Carr -or- thank goodness we didn't play them last year. That has potential to be our Wyoming-like scare this year, but we should win it.

Miami might be a toss up, though.

Don't even get me started on Northwestern. Our struggles with them have absolutely nothing to do with "the changing landscape of college football". Given the resources of both football programs it should be a gimme, but sadly it probably won't work out that way again.

@ Fresno State 11-2

Miami 9-4

Thank goodness for Fresno losing Derek Carr -or- thank goodness we didn't play them last year. That has potential to be our Wyoming-like scare this year, but we should win it.

Don't even get me started on Northwestern. Our struggles with them have absolutely nothing to do with "the changing landscape of college football". Given the resources of both football programs it should be a gimme, but sadly it probably won't work out that way again.

I would be very, VERY surprised if Nebraska lost to Fresno. They lost a lot, and got exposed by USC in their bowl so badly that it suggests they were hiding under their schedule even with Carr.

Miami.....man I'm not so sure. It's a game that should be a slam dunk Nebraska win, but it's our first game against a team with a pulse, so who knows.

As to what the Dude says, it's really sad that as a program Nebraska has to call Northwestern "far from a gimmie". But hey, 9 wins.

@ Fresno State 11-2

Miami 9-4

Ohio St and Michigan and Penn St have had their consistent problems over the years with Northwestern as well. Dating back a hell of a lot farther than 2011. So like many other things, this is not a "Nebraska" problem.

@ Fresno State 11-2

Miami 9-4

Ohio St and Michigan and Penn St have had their consistent problems over the years with Northwestern as well. Dating back a hell of a lot farther than 2011. So like many other things, this is not a "Nebraska" problem.

If it were only a Northwestern problem, I'd be happy to write it off too, but group Northwestern with Minnesota and Wyoming last year, or even the first half of the SDSU game, Iowa St, Fresno St and the rest, and it's a sign of the team not preparing for games that should never be in question.

Everyone has games where they struggle against lesser opponents. It happens. it happens a lot. Probably more here than most, and yes, some things need to be corrected. But dotn act like it should never happen. And dont insinuate that facilities and resources solely win ball games and that we should beat NW by much higher margins because of such. Cuz that couldnt be father from the fact.

Youre insinuation that better facilities and resources make you entitled to wins means Bama and Texas should never lose a game. LOL. Bama cant even dominate their own DIVISION. And Texas.......

Everyone has games where they struggle against lesser opponents. It happens. it happens a lot. Probably more here than most, and yes, some things need to be corrected. But dotn act like it should never happen. And dont insinuate that facilities and resources solely win ball games and that we should beat NW by much higher margins because of such. Cuz that couldnt be father from the fact.

Youre insinuation that better facilities and resources make you entitled to wins means Bama and Texas should never lose a game. LOL. Bama cant even dominate their own DIVISION. And Texas.......

Let's try a different team....

What do think Oregon and it's fanbase think is going to happen during our home and home?

Let's try a different team....

What do think Oregon and it's fanbase think is going to happen during our home and home?

And when is that taking place?

Do you know how much can change before then?

If it were only a Northwestern problem, I'd be happy to write it off too, but group Northwestern with Minnesota and Wyoming last year, or even the first half of the SDSU game, Iowa St, Fresno St and the rest, and it's a sign of the team not preparing for games that should never be in question.

That's a good point, but didn't the other teams in the B1G also struggle with Minnesota last year? SDSU and Wyoming were quite clearly the young defense struggling - the offense looked fine. Previous years against Iowa St., Fresno St., Wisconsin twice, and even Texas Tech and others, NU was clearly under prepared or lacking motivation or something.

Having we gotten better in that area the last 2 seasons? I think so, but do you? I guess the real question is whether we'll be better this coming season, and there's no way to know until we play some games.

That's a good point, but didn't the other teams in the B1G also struggle with Minnesota last year? SDSU and Wyoming were quite clearly the young defense struggling - the offense looked fine. Previous years against Iowa St., Fresno St., Wisconsin twice, and even Texas Tech and others, NU was clearly under prepared or lacking motivation or something.

Having we gotten better in that area the last 2 seasons? I think so, but do you? I guess the real question is whether we'll be better this coming season, and there's no way to know until we play some games.

There were two clear games where it looked like the team didn't care (Minnesota and Iowa, maybe even Wyoming). There was another game where they clearly weren't mentally ready (I'm sorry but you can't turn the ball over like what happened against MSU and say they were prepared.). And finally there was one where they decided one half was enough effort (UCLA).

So no, I wouldn't say there was improvement. I'd say it's been about the same. Which is a downer to be sure. I'm really looking forward to what kind of leadership Armstrong can bring though.