Possible transfers/late additions to fill 3 spots

I hope we add Deng Deng and Cornish(SG who was released from his letter at Tennessee).

I think we are young and if Deng Deng is healthy he adds a ton...

Still have some depth concerns because i am not sure how much we get out of some of these young guys: Tarin, Cornish, Hammond, Deng Deng right off the bat.

But if you can find someone who can give you meaningful minutes that would be huge. If you think about it, here is who we replace:

Vucetic- Played no minutes/ easily replaced by Hammond who has the potential to play some minutes or even redshirt.

Hawkins- Helped with depth but i think that Tarin Smith will average more minutes while helping backup a position of need. I think Webster slides over to the 2 and gives more meaningful minutes than Hawkins did.

Gallegos- Ray was awful this year. I think a guy like Deng Deng or cornish add more on the Defensive side of the ball and size(if we get either of those guys)

Peltz- Easily replaced by Smith

Wagner- Never played-- replaced by a walk on even.

Not a lot that needs to replaced. Gallegos played some minutes, but i think any of these guys coming in can replace those minutes. Cornish will be a tough get with UCLA and SMU coming on hard.

Deng Deng is ours to lose if Baylor doesnt grab him this weekend on his visit.

Like you said, I don't think there is much there that needs replaced. So, with new guys we are basically adding to the team, not replacing.

So, returning as major contributors we have:

Petteway

Pitchford

Shields

Smith

Webster (I think will be much improved after the off season)

Rivers

Parker

Then, if Ayegba comes in and gives us meaningful minutes on the inside, that is huge. We can switch out Smith and Ayegba through out the game and always have a center on the court. Like others have said, this then allows Pitchford to stay more outside where he is more productive.

HOPEFULLY someone like Tarran can bring meaningful minutes so that he and Parker can switch out and always have a point guard on the court.

This team is getting me more and more excited.

so lets say my dream comes true and we add Cornish and Deng Deng... here is how i think we roll (I am bored so playing the hypothetical game).

C: L. Smith/Ayegba/Pitchford

PF: Pitchford/Rivers/Hammond

SF: Shields/Deng/Fuller/ Rivers

SG: Petteway/ Webster/ Cornish

PG: Parker/ T. Smith/ Webster

I think you are able to Red shirt Deng Deng to let him get healthy. Possibly RS Hammond as well to get big.

Center will be nice to have Ayegba and smith and rotate Pitch in every once in a while there.

PF- Pitchford will be more comfortable here and Rivers adds depth here and at the 4. Rivers probably cant be on the court when Ayegba is because too much Defense, not a ton of offense.

SF- Shields here and you can get a few guys off the bench to add depth-- Rivers can play here as well-- Fuller can play here or the 2.

SG- Petteway. If Cornish joins, i think you play him behind Webster at first. Tai needs to play at the 2 instead of the 1.

PG- still need depth, but parker can start and hopefully Tarrin can give us big minutes off the bench.

Jordan Cornish would be a huge get. The fact that he wants to visit represents that NU is getting looks from higher level recruits.

Not to put down this years class, that is not yet full, but guys I like such as Smith and Deng are not too highly rated. Next years class could be the ones with higher ratings who are giving NU a longer look.

Jordan Cornish would be a huge get. The fact that he wants to visit represents that NU is getting looks from higher level recruits.

Not to put down this years class, that is not yet full, but guys I like such as Smith and Deng are not too highly rated. Next years class could be the ones with higher ratings who are giving NU a longer look.

Neither was Petteway when he came out of HS. Smith is a late bloomer & Deng is International. Both of which have plenty of upside

so lets say my dream comes true and we add Cornish and Deng Deng... here is how i think we roll (I am bored so playing the hypothetical game).

I think you are able to Red shirt Deng Deng to let him get healthy. Possibly RS Hammond as well to get big.

Center will be nice to have Ayegba and smith and rotate Pitch in every once in a while there.

PF- Pitchford will be more comfortable here and Rivers adds depth here and at the 4. Rivers probably cant be on the court when Ayegba is because too much Defense, not a ton of offense.

SF- Shields here and you can get a few guys off the bench to add depth-- Rivers can play here as well-- Fuller can play here or the 2.

SG- Petteway. If Cornish joins, i think you play him behind Webster at first. Tai needs to play at the 2 instead of the 1.

PG- still need depth, but parker can start and hopefully Tarrin can give us big minutes off the bench.

I believe that Hammond will be at the center position & Pitchford will stay at forward. We will need to find a big man in the 2015 class.

I believe that Hammond will be at the center position & Pitchford will stay at forward. We will need to find a big man in the 2015 class.

I dont think Hammond will even play. He isnt big enough yet for the B1G game. I think he will red shirt a season.

He played at a pretty low level in Oklahoma. I think he is a good player but he will need some time to bulk up.

I dont think Hammond will even play. He isnt big enough yet for the B1G game. I think he will red shirt a season.

He played at a pretty low level in Oklahoma. I think he is a good player but he will need some time to bulk up.

I am not recruiting guru, but everything I read says he is ready to contribute as a freshman. He is listed at 6'10" 240. Even though he played for a smaller school, he was still ranked 153. Plus, it all depends on the kid as Mile's lets them make the choice on whether to redshirt or not.

Hammond only played last year in Oklahoma, his junior season in Bel Aire, KS averaged 12 points for a team that was ranked #6 in the country by MaxPreps.com. During AAU play after his sophomore year, he averaged 14 points and 15 rebounds and six blocks per game. He is currently rated 158, 47 C/PF, 2 in OK.

That is highschool ball in two states that have talent but not BIG size.

I am not putting down hammonds talent but i dont think he is strong enough for the B1G Ten fresh out of HS.

Hammond only played last year in Oklahoma, his junior season in Bel Aire, KS averaged 12 points for a team that was ranked #6 in the country by MaxPreps.com. During AAU play after his sophomore year, he averaged 14 points and 15 rebounds and six blocks per game. He is currently rated 158, 47 C/PF, 2 in OK.

That is highschool ball in two states that have talent but not BIG size.

I am not putting down hammonds talent but i dont think he is strong enough for the B1G Ten fresh out of HS.

Most are not ready. I am just saying that most HS kids want to play right away and Mile's philosophy is to let the player decide. He will not start, but he is good enough for some minutes off the bench. The days of redshirting several players is gone.