Ryker Fyfe = Colin Kaepernick

And KC, those were just a handful of examples that I picked out of a proverbial hat - there are many more to be found. You can nitpick them all you want to point out that they aren't the same, but there's a trend of serious growing pains for schools that graduate 3-4 year starting quarterbacks.

Like Georgia...oh wait. Or Alabama...oh wait. There's a serious trend of schools graduating Heisman contending QBs that struggle after, I'll give you that. But we aren't doing that. Bo should have this position covered. If mid-way through we find he doesn't, then that's a pretty serious problem IMO. It's only the most important position on the field...he should have it locked up. It's been the most predictable position to recruit for some time now.

KU after reesing graduated.

Why is it such a horrible thing that a walk-on is playing well?

It's great that he played well but his ceiling is nowhere near as high as Stanton's/Armstrong's. If Fyfe ends up being in contention for the job, it means that neither of those guys have developed nearly as well as they should have. No offense to Ryker.

I dont think anybody would hate the idea of a walk on winning the job. Thats a feel good true blue Nebraska moment righ there. My gripe is that in order for that to occur it would mean Armstrong either got injured or completely regressed since the bowl game.

Or that Ryker just busted his ass to be better and came from under the radar to be the guy against two more obvious choices. It has happened before.

• Fire 2

I dont think anybody would hate the idea of a walk on winning the job. Thats a feel good true blue Nebraska moment righ there. My gripe is that in order for that to occur it would mean Armstrong either got injured or completely regressed since the bowl game.

Or that Ryker just busted his ass to be better and came from under the radar to be the guy against two more obvious choices. It has happened before.

I would Hope all 3 of them are busting their ass to be better. But yeah it could happen. Just highly unlikely seeing as Tommy has actual game experience whereas Fyfe only has Spring game reps.

why only have one. not that northwestern was some powerhouse by any means but they could tear some stuff up with that dual qb threat. hell if there all 3 so close which right now seems to be the case but at the same time to me its like each one has there certain abiltily that the others don't have. tommy with the elusive running. Stanton just throws a hell of a ball, and ryker, well he did it all on sat it seemed. but if you can keep opponents constantly on their heels with a multiple qb .. why not. just a thought, course you got the issue of the offense constantly adjusting though too...

And KC, those were just a handful of examples that I picked out of a proverbial hat - there are many more to be found. You can nitpick them all you want to point out that they aren't the same, but there's a trend of serious growing pains for schools that graduate 3-4 year starting quarterbacks.

Like Georgia...oh wait. Or Alabama...oh wait. There's a serious trend of schools graduating Heisman contending QBs that struggle after, I'll give you that. But we aren't doing that. Bo should have this position covered. If mid-way through we find he doesn't, then that's a pretty serious problem IMO. It's only the most important position on the field...he should have it locked up. It's been the most predictable position to recruit for some time now.

Like Texas...oh wait. Or Oklahoma...oh wait. Or Florida...oh wait. There are a few teams that don't seem to skip a beat when replacing a 3-4 yr starter but there are many more that have just as big of an issue as we do when replacing one. You can't look at it one way without recognizing the other either. I will say we got lazy recruiting QBs for a couple years but have really come on strong in that department the last couple years. Who knows how the position will turn out this year for us. Can't really base it on last years performance or the spring game.

Ideally you want whomever wins the job of Qb to be head and shoulders above the other two. If that doesn't happen, the coaches have a tough decision to make. Whichever one can be the most consistant and not put the D in a bad position will be on the field. No way can we tell from a spring game who that will be at this point. Use the summer to get better and make next season special.

As I see it there are two positions on this team that could derail what should be a great season. Obviously QB and to a much lesser degree TE. De could bite us hard if the 2 starters go down early.

why only have one. not that northwestern was some powerhouse by any means but they could tear some stuff up with that dual qb threat. hell if there all 3 so close which right now seems to be the case but at the same time to me its like each one has there certain abiltily that the others don't have. tommy with the elusive running. Stanton just throws a hell of a ball, and ryker, well he did it all on sat it seemed. but if you can keep opponents constantly on their heels with a multiple qb .. why not. just a thought, course you got the issue of the offense constantly adjusting though too...

The old saying goes "If you have more than one quarterback you have none."

This isnt always true as I remember LSU doing it quite well a couple years ago. Problem is these guys get better with experience. The less they play the less experience they gain. So if they all three split time equally, if one isnt progressing they likely all are struggling to progress.

Like Texas...oh wait. Or Oklahoma...oh wait. Or Florida...oh wait. There are a few teams that don't seem to skip a beat when replacing a 3-4 yr starter but there are many more that have just as big of an issue as we do when replacing one. You can't look at it one way without recognizing the other either. I will say we got lazy recruiting QBs for a couple years but have really come on strong in that department the last couple years. Who knows how the position will turn out this year for us. Can't really base it on last years performance or the spring game.

Again, Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida were replacing Heisman finalists. We're not. (which is why I think we'll be fine). Anyone overly worried at this point is placing way too much value in the role Martinez played.

Ideally you want whomever wins the job of Qb to be head and shoulders above the other two.

That isn't "Ideally". That is what we had for 3 years and when the #1 guy got hurt, there wasn't anyone behind him to come in and take over. You want several players on the team that are close and fighting for playing time. That pushes everyone to get better.

As for the QB position. I think we are in much better shape than we have been in years. It's sad to say though that I'm not surprised that people still are finding a way to bitch about it. But, that's what Husker football fans have become.

This isnt always true as I remember LSU doing it quite well a couple years ago. Problem is these guys get better with experience. The less they play the less experience they gain. So if they all three split time equally, if one isnt progressing they likely all are struggling to progress.

Yeah...having two quarterbacks has a very, very, very low success rate.

Again, Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida were replacing Heisman finalists. We're not. (which is why I think we'll be fine). Anyone overly worried at this point is placing way too much value in the role Martinez played.

Oklahoma had a rough time replacing Landry Jones (not a Heisman finalist).

West Virginia had a rough time replacing Pat White (not a Heisman finalist).

Michigan after Denard Robinson.

Michigan State after Kirk Cousins.

Virginia Tech after Tyrod Taylor.

Houston after Case Keenum.

Kansas after Todd Reesing.

idk

good morning

Yeah...having two quarterbacks has a very, very, very low success rate.

Oklahoma had a rough time replacing Landry Jones (not a Heisman finalist).

West Virginia had a rough time replacing Pat White (not a Heisman finalist).

Michigan after Denard Robinson.

Michigan State after Kirk Cousins.

Virginia Tech after Tyrod Taylor.

Houston after Case Keenum.

Kansas after Todd Reesing.

idk

good morning

So was that struggle last year or are you saying you're expecting a struggle?