Sporing News All-Time Top 10 Huskers

I know Rozier was incredible, but a guy that was only here two years kind of seems like he should be lower down on the list to me. I don't know.

Rozier was here three years, and he was straight-up legit. He beat Roger Craig for the starting spot in 1982, and Craig had been a thousand-yard rusher the year before. Craig went pro after his Junior year (and he was legit at that level, obviously) in part because Rozier was going to start in 1983 and severely curtail Craig's carries.

I'd put Rozier as our #1 RB all-time without hesitation. LP is probably #2, one step down from Rozier.

I know Rozier was incredible, but a guy that was only here two years kind of seems like he should be lower down on the list to me. I don't know.

Rozier was here three years, and he was straight-up legit. He beat Roger Craig for the starting spot in 1982, and Craig had been a thousand-yard rusher the year before. Craig went pro after his Junior year (and he was legit at that level, obviously) in part because Rozier was going to start in 1983 and severely curtail Craig's carries.

I'd put Rozier as our #1 RB all-time without hesitation. LP is probably #2, one step down from Rozier.

Roger Craig stayed all 4 years at Nebraska. But I agree with you about Rozier.

• Fire 1

What happened to Rozier's third season then? I don't know much other than just hearing that no Nebraska back has ever had three 1,000 yard seasons. Was he injured?

He had like 700 or 800 yds. as a soph.

943, splitting time with Craig. Huskers.com has a bio and stats on most of the big name players we've had. I just google the name with Husker football and that's usually one of the top 2 or 3 links.

What happened to Rozier's third season then? I don't know much other than just hearing that no Nebraska back has ever had three 1,000 yard seasons. Was he injured?

He had like 700 or 800 yds. as a soph.

943, splitting time with Craig. Huskers.com has a bio and stats on most of the big name players we've had. I just google the name with Husker football and that's usually one of the top 2 or 3 links.

Yeah,I guess I could have done the same, but I just guessed to the best of my recollection. Good on you for doing the legwork that I was too lazy to do!

I think they got the list down pretty darned good. Fryar probably shouldn't make the top 10 and there is plenty of room to discuss including Ahman Green, Lawrence Phillips, Will Shields, or even Turner Gill.

What LP did off the field is probably enough to warrant him not being included on any of these lists but, on the field, he was absolutely the most dominating RB I have ever seen play the game. Rozier was awesome and definitely had the better career but, as far as potential and ability.....LP gets the nod.