PJ Smith talks about Wisconsin blowout

If it's not on the coaches to assemble and mold a group of guys into the proper skill level and mentality required of a competitive team, who is it on? How many games before it's a trend?

I get the "coaches can't make players execute" argument. But that only goes as far as the X's and O's. I would hope everyone agrees that X's and O's wise, Bo is a premiere defense mind in the college game. Possibly 2nd to none. And while we're talking strengths, he is also on a very high level as far as leadership and having his team behind him. As for fundamentally sound teams that don't quit or play sloppy....that's another story.

• Fire 3

smh at this ridiculous idea that coaches can somehow directly control their players mentalities and decisions.

You mean those headsets they wear don't connect to a voice control chip implanted in the players brains?

Man Bo sucks.

God forbid a man being paid three million dollars a year actually try and help to mentally prepare a bunch of 18-22 year olds. Such a concept is foreign to all of college football anbd previous Nebraska coaches.

smh at this ridiculous idea that coaches can somehow directly control their players mentalities and decisions.

You mean those headsets they wear don't connect to a voice control chip implanted in the players brains?

Man Bo sucks.

God forbid a man being paid three million dollars a year actually try and help to mentally prepare a bunch of 18-22 year olds. Such a concept is foreign to all of college football anbd previous Nebraska coaches.

God forbid we stop making false dichotomies out of everything.

• Fire 3

That game crushed my soul, my family made the decision on Thanksgiving to road trip over to Indy and we all had our hopes up, then the players quit and killed any support I had left for Bo.

I would think this would mean that as long as Bo was head coach we wouldnt have to put up with your bullsh#t anymore. But youre still here.

That game crushed my soul, my family made the decision on Thanksgiving to road trip over to Indy and we all had our hopes up, then the players quit and killed any support I had left for Bo.

I would think this would mean that as long as Bo was head coach we wouldnt have to put up with your bullsh#t anymore. But youre still here.

Get used to it, I'm not going anywhere. This is Huskerboard not Boliever Board, I keep up with the team news and stories, don't have to worship Bo to do that.

• Fire 2

And yet sker when these kids were recruited and were not 4 or 5 or even 3 star athletes, this board found them to be great. Rated talent meant nothing, we know what we need. You can not have it both ways. I would hope after the disaster of recruiting that we have had we would see improvement. But I wonder will this 34th ranked class be the same talk down the road in 4-5 years. Sometime or another, the buck has to stop. Like I said, I see reason for hope this year. But this is not some type of defensive juggernaut that will set the college football landscape on fire is my guess. Being better for me is the goal, each and every year. No more excuses.

Getting the kids ready to play, where does the responsibility lie? Having them adapt to, accept the process, who is responsible for that? If they don't who is responsible for correcting the problem? One person and only one person, who is paid incredibly well for a average job at best. I know here comes the 9 win, who else can argument. I really do not care about wins or loss numbers. I care about this program being respected for its efforts on the field. Nothing more, nothing less.

And when I asked about the fact that few were getting drafted, there was another excuse.

There is one common problem. Lack of coaching experience at this level, stubborn buddy system for hiring coaches, insecurity, afraid to have someone on board that is not a yes man. These have been displayed for quite awhile.

• Fire 1

I was at that game. It made me physically sick. Then I got over it. Grow up, learn to put things behind you. If Bo has a losing season I'll jump on the boleaver bandwagon. Until then he remains one of the winningest active coaches.

• Fire 1

I just listened to the AD from Auburn. He made comment that Auburn is not a site for coaches cutting their teeth. How does Nebraska feel about that.

This is the OJT capital of college football.

#bullsh#t!!!!

So lets hire a guy that coached ONE year at Arky St as the head man...Give me a break.

Auburn's AD is a jackass

• Fire 5

I just listened to the AD from Auburn. He made comment that Auburn is not a site for coaches cutting their teeth. How does Nebraska feel about that.

This is the OJT capital of college football.

#bullsh#t!!!!

So lets hire a guy that coached ONE year at Arky St as the head man...Give me a break.

Auburn's AD is a jackass

Yeah thats what i thought. And as far as nebraska goes you havd to go back to the hiring of bob devaney for the last time we DIDNT hire a first time college coach. Seems we're nothing but a training ground and always have been. #frostforhc

I was at that game. It made me physically sick. Then I got over it. Grow up, learn to put things behind you. If Bo has a losing season I'll jump on the boleaver bandwagon. Until then he remains one of the winningest active coaches.

With one very obvious lacking difference with his "company"