PJ Smith talks about Wisconsin blowout

It would be quite a feat actually. Just thinking about the statistical odds that we've lost exactly 4 games the past 6 years is crazy. Happening again is equally crazy, yet entirely plausible.

Particularly crazy because of how difficult it is to predict the 4 losses at the beginning of the season. It is genuinely hard to look at the schedule for next year and say "if we lose 4 games it will probably be these 4."

Particularly crazy because of how difficult it is to predict the 4 losses at the beginning of the season. It is genuinely hard to look at the schedule for next year and say "if we lose 4 games it will probably be these 4."

Yeah, that's college football. If you have some insight, I'll fund you in Vegas.

Well, we've won a bowl game for the first time since 2009. We've also got a top 10 recruiting class, a roster that appears to have a bunch of young talent, and Bo has loosened the reigns on the program.

Other than that, nothing has changed.

Let's wait and see, eh? I suspect that the results will be awfully similar to what we've been seeing.

And you? You make it sound awfully promising . . . so do you expect Nebraska to have a significantly different season next year? Or do you expect similar results and different excuses?

Why wait and see? Why do i want to be a fan of a team as my form of enjoyment and be miserable in the off season leading up to a season going in believing I'm going to be disappointed? I just don't get being a fan like that.

Why not chug the koolaid?

• Fire 1

I think it boils down to the type of person you are BigRed. I love my huskers as much as the next guy, but I have always, even in the hay days tried to be objective on what our odds, chances were of going undefeated, winning MNC. I honestly never have thought we would. Not negative in it, just respect the other teams on our schedule, realize that they are kids.

Like the Texas game. I was prepared for a loss, too much attention, too much hype, too much expected. So I guess for me it was easier to deal with the loss. That is why blow out losses affect me more than another loss. I do not expect that, can not jusify it mentally for some reason.

Going undefeated is rare, does not happen a lot in college football. Not saying that it is not possible, but it takes a lot of luck normally.

I understand the undying fan, I have a close friend that is a Boston Red Sox fan. A fan to the level of being an arrogant ass.

Some on here express dislike for other teams, actually hate them and their fans. I have never felt that way about college football. I truly enjoy the event from the first minute of the tailgate to the drive home, celebrating or trying to figure out what went wrong. Normally college football fans are good people, not the gang banger fans of Pro Football, Baseball and Basketball.

I have had a ball with KState and Missouri fans. One of the best Tailgates I have ever had was at USC. Great fans, love their program and had a ton of respect for Nebraska. I guess that is what I love about it. The respect that true rivals have. Well I guess you can nix Auburn/Bama and a few others, but overall it is a great experience. My son is a Raider fan, lives in SoCal now, had never been to a college game until I took him to the Texas game ending in the snow. He said in all the pro games, playoffs and Super Bowls he had been to, nothing compared to that day, even with Nebraska losing.

We are very lucky to support Nebraska, a very good product.

Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Miami/Fresno/Northwestern. That was easy.

Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Miami/Fresno/Northwestern. That was easy.

6 =/= 4

That was easy. ;)

If people are still comparing the momentum coming off the 2009 bowl win to now, keep in mind that 2010 is by far the best regular season that we have had since Bo has been here.

Oh, definitely. That's why it was particularly frustrating to be ranked 5th in the country with all of that vaunted momentum on our side . . . and to lay an egg at home against a team that won a whopping 2 conference games . . . Nebraska included.

We should have ended the regular season with 0 or 1 losses (depending on how badly the refs were going to screw us vs. aTm) and won the conference. Instead . . . we got the usual.

• Fire 1

If people are still comparing the momentum coming off the 2009 bowl win to now, keep in mind that 2010 is by far the best regular season that we have had since Bo has been here.

Oh, definitely. That's why it was particularly frustrating to be ranked 5th in the country with all of that vaunted momentum on our side . . . and to lay an egg at home against a team that won a whopping 2 conference games . . . Nebraska included.

We should have ended the regular season with 0 or 1 losses (depending on how badly the refs were going to screw us vs. aTm) and won the conference. Instead . . . we got the usual.

That has been the highest point in the Bo Pelini era so far, and I wonder how much did the inexperience of being in the spotlight, having your name be next to Alabama, Oregon, and the like, have on the team. Hopefully the coaching staff took something away from that, whether or not this happened, so they know what to do if/when they get there again.

"Nebraska's back and we're here to stay".

At least he's a man of his word.

• Fire 2

So, is no one going to answer zoogies question?

If it's not on the coaches to assemble and mold a group of guys into the proper skill level and mentality required of a competitive team, who is it on?

It starts with the coaches, but it also definitely requires self-accountability. If the players (or at least PJ) are not putting the 2012 CCG on the coaches, then it falls on specific players. I'm talking about our seniors and captains who need to lead by example but also be vocal leaders. These guys need to hold each accountable and call each other out if they are not getting the job done.

Easy to say, when we are not there. We truly have no idea one way or another. Because one player says something, there normally is another side to it. The guy was trying his guts out, not good enough to do the job, but no replacement even at his level.

Too long ago to worry about. What we have to worry about is this year. We have seen improved play later in the year. More athletic players hitting the field. I do not have time to worry about 2012 or the problems that existed in someone/s mind, or ones that did not.

The only thing that is important, is what happens tomorrow and the next day and the next day. If they have not learned, being players and coaches, we will see the same problems.

I truly believe the light came on last year for both sides. My only question, is will it be good enough for the masses. I think those expecting CC wins and Playoff births are going to be terribly disappointed. Better play, steps in the right direction by both sides is what I expect.