Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

On 12/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, knapplc said:

This is what we're wondering as well.

We're going to get HBO Go for a couple of months when the new season starts. Does anyone know if I can stream GoT episodes, or do I have to watch them at certain times?

HBO Go has every episode available.

Game of Thrones season 8

No spoilers, just a little bit of speculation and teasers.

Production is wrapped, now we just have to wait for April.

I was just thinking about GoT this morning. Thought I’d find a little info and bump the necro thread before April but it looks like it hasn’t been too forgotten.  It’s been almost a year so it’s time to rewatch the first 7 seasons again before 8 gets rolling.

25 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This’ll be the first time I don’t know much at all of what’s going to happen. It’s been ahead of the books for awhile but some of the future was obvious from the book clues, e.g. who Jon is.

There’s one big thing I think I know but that’s it.

I was fairly spot on with most of my big predictions about last season, but that was relatively easy because you knew they had to put the pieces in play a certain way to get to the desired end. This season I'm pretty clueless as to the actual end game and/or how it will all shake out, which is honestly a lot more fun. Still consume a lot of podcasts and am a regular on reddit though so I'm familiar with a very wide spread of potential theories and scenarios.

I don't mind the truncated season (or last one), but I am particularly bummed that they spent so much time at a snail's pace beforehand. If the pacing could/would have been more consistent the events of S7 and S8 could have had a lot more weight and expositing, which would have been nice because there are still a large number of characters that will probably not be able to be given the screen time and depth at the end of their respective stories.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I was fairly spot on with most of my big predictions about last season, but that was relatively easy because you knew they had to put the pieces in play a certain way to get to the desired end. This season I'm pretty clueless as to the actual end game and/or how it will all shake out, which is honestly a lot more fun. Still consume a lot of podcasts and am a regular on reddit though so I'm familiar with a very wide spread of potential theories and scenarios.

I don't mind the truncated season (or last one), but I am particularly bummed that they spent so much time at a snail's pace beforehand. If the pacing could/would have been more consistent the events of S7 and S8 could have had a lot more weight and expositing, which would have been nice because there are still a large number of characters that will probably not be able to be given the screen time and depth at the end of their respective stories.

Is there someone on the GoT reddit named Terez?

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Just stick a knife in 'em and move on.  It'd fit with GRRM's preferred method of disposing with characters.   :D

• 2 weeks later...

Game of Thrones-loving professor names new beetle species after Daenerys’ dragons

“For the first time in hundreds of years, the night has come alive with the hissing of beetles.”

Alright, not quite. However, an entomology professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln has decided to christen three of his recently discovered beetles species after Daenerys’ scaly children: drogoni, rhaegali and viserioni.

“Surprisingly intimate” Season 8 may feature “longest battle in cinema history” & upcoming trailer teased by EW’s Hibberd!

“But the battle is the big sexy thing,” Hibberd concedes. “It’s shaping up to be what probably almost certainly is the longest consecutive battle sequence in cinema history. They’ve looked to try and find other ones out there, like [the one in] The Two Towers, in The Lords of the Rings, which is about 40 minutes, and in the movie 13 Assassins, which was also around 40 minutes. This is going to be longer than 40 minutes. It’s pretty nuts.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...