White House Wants to Lift Ban on Interstate Tolls

How much are the transponders here in CO?

You can get them at certain Safeway's or direct from the E-470 toll authority.

From what I'm reading on the e470 website it sounds like you just keep your account with money in it and they send you a little sticker with a chip in it. Do they not have the big units that attach to the back of your review mirror?

Yes, anyone can get one.

Should be clear sailing then.

Yes, but in practice it does provide a bit of an advantage to local residents. The average out of state driver is not going start or leave ride a $35 toll balance for chunks of roads they rarely use. However, I would imagine over the road truckers and heavy users would get the transponder to assure the lower toll rates which could add up with heavy use.

From what I'm reading on the e470 website it sounds like you just keep your account with money in it and they send you a little sticker with a chip in it. Do they not have the big units that attach to the back of your review mirror?

That's all there is too it, a little sticker with a chip. I'm still using my old transponder (about the size of a deck of cards) which sits on my dash--- I'll swap it out one of these days for the sticker but it still works.

• Fire 1

That's all there is too it, a little sticker with a chip. I'm still using my old transponder (about the size of a deck of cards) which sits on my dash--- I'll swap it out one of these days for the sticker but it still works.

I might have to get one. I took my gf to the airport over Christmas and picked her up. 2 round trips. I was appalled when I got the bill. Saving 20% seems like a no-brainer

Edit: My tag is in the mail! Should have done that a long time ago!

Edited by GSG5545
  • Fire 1

I might have to get one. I took my gf to the airport over Christmas and picked her up. 2 round trips. I was appalled when I got the bill. Saving 20% seems like a no-brainer

Edit: My tag is in the mail! Should have done that a long time ago!

Yeah, it's well worth it if you drive much at all to the Springs or south Denver or DIA. We also use that little section of the NW Parkway for going out towards Flatirons Mall/Broomfield area.

Once again rich win, and everyone else loses. Its so interesting that we were not having to make this many 'hard choices' on what to fund and how to fund it when the income tax on the highest brackets were above 60%

:facepalm:

Oh good lord....

It's always about the evil rich people.

Once again rich win, and everyone else loses. Its so interesting that we were not having to make this many 'hard choices' on what to fund and how to fund it when the income tax on the highest brackets were above 60%

Oh good lord....

It's always about the evil rich people.

Oh good lord....

Another post that is willfully myopic.