2014 NFL Draft

I just heard on the radio that there were 100 underclassmen who declared for the draft and 62 were drafted. The guy on the radio claimed that as evidence that the kids are getting good advice. REALLY?

Would you say that?

I would say that if 38% of them didn't even get drafted that this is a pretty piss poor stat when you think those kids could have gone back to school for another year, worked longer towards their diploma while on scholarship and become better football players at the same time.

I just heard on the radio that there were 100 underclassmen who declared for the draft and 62 were drafted. The guy on the radio claimed that as evidence that the kids are getting good advice. REALLY?

Would you say that?

I would say that if 38% of them didn't even get drafted that this is a pretty piss poor stat when you think those kids could have gone back to school for another year, worked longer towards their diploma while on scholarship and become better football players at the same time.

Absolutely. He talked to the agents that gave them the advice and they were 100% certain it was good.

Would you say that?

Absolutely. He talked to the agents that gave them the advice and they were 100% certain it was good.

But, on 38% of them, they were wrong.

Plus, I would like to know how many kids were told they would be in the first few rounds so they made the decision based on that when they were actually drafted late and could have greatly increased their earning and signing bonus by staying one more year.