Josh Banderas Arrested

Not thinking he should lose everything he's worked his whole life for isn't the same thing as minimizing the crime.

If it was something that he's worked for his entire life, why did he put it in jeopardy quite nonchalantly? I agree we don't need a $1000 punishment for $5 crime but if his hard work has any value to him whatsoever, he sure didn't treat it with that kinda respect.
He made a mistake.
What would your punishment for him be?

Don't get me wrong, I think he deserves to be punished severely, however I don't think he deserves to be tormented by us.

Whos tormenting him? My dad always said, you make your bed you sleep in it.

Not thinking he should lose everything he's worked his whole life for isn't the same thing as minimizing the crime.

If it was something that he's worked for his entire life, why did he put it in jeopardy quite nonchalantly? I agree we don't need a $1000 punishment for $5 crime but if his hard work has any value to him whatsoever, he sure didn't treat it with that kinda respect.

He made a mistake.

What would your punishment for him be?

An apology to his teammates, his family, his coaches for letting them down. An apology to the people whose bicycles he stole. 80 hours of community service. Possibly a fine or some restitution for the damaged locks. Probably also a 5 game suspension next season.

That could change when more details come out, but I think kicking him off the team seems drastic.

I agree with the above, but will endorse what ever Bo sees fit.

I have had my business broken into several times. Thousands of dollars of (bicycles) stolen product. There many not have truly been a victim in this crime. As stated they may have been left by the owners. Not what you would call valuable bicycles by any means. But the action was still there. Criminal in intent.

A young kid, that if this is his first incident deserves the benefit of the doubt. But he needs to pay some price for his actions.

Would it be a mistake if I stole your car?

Mistakes lose merit when it comes to crimes IMHO

Your damned right it'd be a mistake if you stole my car. You'd better hope the cops find you before I do.

I don't understand this whole confusion on the word "mistake". All crimes are mistakes by definition. Although if someone stole my car, my mistake in beating their ass would be a justifiable mistake IMO.

He made a mistake.

And those usually come with a price. He'll pay his dues to society and on the football team. I don't think he deserves to get kicked off the team, but a game or two suspension and a heavy dose of stadium steps are in order. It's a good thing he didn't steal from anyone on the team because if it did his butt would be gone before he walked out of the jailhouse. We had a kid steal from our team in high school and nobody would talk to him afterwards. He was a pretty talkative and fun guy but it was a totally different dynamic afterwards, almost toxic.

Being a thief is a pretty low thing in society, especially when it's someone's personal property. I can cut him a little slack since he probably assumed they were UNL's bikes at that point, but people have a hard time trusting you once you've been caught stealing from others.

Your damned right it'd be a mistake if you stole my car. You'd better hope the cops find you before I do.

I don't understand this whole confusion on the word "mistake". All crimes are mistakes by definition. Although if someone stole my car, my mistake in beating their ass would be a justifiable mistake IMO.

So mistakes are intentional?

So mistakes are intentional?

This one is.

He did not make a mistake? What in the hell are you talking about? Stealing bikes is a mistake! How is that even up for debate? Holy hell.....

No...He committed a crime. Making a mistake would be calling you Harry when your name is Fred.

Mistake or whatever you wanna call it, my problem with him is the lack of common sense. Rationalizing it to the point that the consequences of his actions aren't even taken into consideration. There is always " well what's the worst that they could do to us?" Obviously he didn't think too much would be made of it. When did he conclude that everything would be OK either way, whether they got away with it or got caught? Somewhere in there he figured he'd be alright either way.

I will say he made a bad choice, not a mistake.

I can see where True is coming from because it does fit the definition of a mistake but in my opinion, the mistake excuse is thrown out the window when it comes to crimes.