Josh Banderas Arrested

Lancaster County Attorney Joe Kelly said in a phone interview that Banderas and Keifer are eligible to apply for adult pre-trial diversion – theft is one of the 15 crimes eligible for diversion in Lancaster County – and could receive it if they have no prior criminal record.

“It’s really just ‘do they have a record or not,’” Kelly said. A search of Nebraska’s justice Web site shows neither have been charged with anything beyond minor traffic offenses.

Pretty sure this is what Sipple has been talking about.

in about 5-7 years his frontal lobe is going to finally develop and he is going to wake up some day and say......"Why the F*** did I do that?"

Avery Moss?

LINK

She learned that that it's not so much what teens are thinking — it's how.

Jensen says scientists used to think human brain development was pretty complete by age 10. Or as she puts it, that "a teenage brain is just an adult brain with fewer miles on it."

But it's not. To begin with, she says, a crucial part of the brain — the frontal lobes — are not fully connected. Really.

"It's the part of the brain that says: 'Is this a good idea? What is the consequence of this action?' " Jensen says. "It's not that they don't have a frontal lobe. And they can use it. But they're going to access it more slowly."

That's because the nerve cells that connect teenagers' frontal lobes with the rest of their brains are sluggish. Teenagers don't have as much of the fatty coating called myelin, or "white matter," that adults have in this area.

in about 5-7 years his frontal lobe is going to finally develop and he is going to wake up some day and say......"Why the F*** did I do that?"

Avery Moss?

LINK

She learned that that it's not so much what teens are thinking — it's how.

Jensen says scientists used to think human brain development was pretty complete by age 10. Or as she puts it, that "a teenage brain is just an adult brain with fewer miles on it."

But it's not. To begin with, she says, a crucial part of the brain — the frontal lobes — are not fully connected. Really.

"It's the part of the brain that says: 'Is this a good idea? What is the consequence of this action?' " Jensen says. "It's not that they don't have a frontal lobe. And they can use it. But they're going to access it more slowly."

That's because the nerve cells that connect teenagers' frontal lobes with the rest of their brains are sluggish. Teenagers don't have as much of the fatty coating called myelin, or "white matter," that adults have in this area.

agreeable.gif

Avery Moss?

LINK

She learned that that it's not so much what teens are thinking it's how.

But it's not. To begin with, she says, a crucial part of the brain the frontal lobes are not fully connected. Really.

I think he's talking about Avery Moss' other frontal lobe.

Hey, I'll keep an open mind. If this is part of some ongoing prank of people pretending to "steal" bikes but relocating them to another bike rack half a block down the sidewalk, I'm kinda willing to forgive and forget this one, especially if everyone whose bike was in the back of the truck had pulled this same stunt on Bando and the other bike owners before this.

Barring that extreeeeeeemely unrealistic scenario being true, we're left with Bando being in possession of a bunch of previously locked up bikes, a bolt cutter, and some pretty pissed-off bike owners. Not a lot of ambiguity as we sit here.

Would you employ this same logic to wallets? Cars? Iphones? Power tools? You get where I am going with this. If this was a prank, did they intend on buying new locks? Did they have new locks in the pickup? Were the most expensive bikes removed from the bike rack while the cheaper models were left? It seems some people are not seeing the seriousness of this crime because hey they only stole bikes... This is grand larceny...

You may be missing some other parts of the conversation here. I'm in no way giving these guys a pass, as I stated here:

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 5m

From what I'm hearing, I'd be surprised if Banderas ends up with a felony. More than meets the eye here. Careful judging this too harshly.

There had better be a FANTASTIC explanation for this. As it stands, there's just about 0.00000000001% chance this is nothing more than a total dick move.

Avery Moss?

LINK

But it's not. To begin with, she says, a crucial part of the brain the frontal lobes are not fully connected. Really.

I understood that.

Avery Moss?

LINK

I understood that.

K

You're right. It's something a teenager would dream up and argue.

It's not much different than the guy in my old neighborhood that would take all the aluminum cans out of the recycling tubs and cash them in for himself. The money from the cans should have gone to the city coffers to help pay for the recycling program but this guy was pocketing the money instead.

No excuse for this!

Yes it was dumb and youthful ignorance but I am sure that they (in the back of their minds) knew what they were doing was wrong.

It’s called a conscious!

Don't know what the appropriate punishment should be?

I know we have all done some dumb things in life but that is no excuse and these guys are specifically instructed to keep their darn noses clean if they want to play for Nebraska.

I know, I know, kids are kids and sometimes they can make a bad decision albeit this sounds like the same decision was made numerous times!

No excuse for this!

Yes it was dumb and youthful ignorance but I am sure that they (in the back of their minds) knew what they were doing was wrong.

Its called a conscious!

Don't know what the appropriate punishment should be?

I know we have all done some dumb things in life but that is no excuse and these guys are specifically instructed to keep their darn noses clean if they want to play for Nebraska.

I know, I know, kids are kids and sometimes they can make a bad decision albeit this sounds like the same decision was made numerous times!

Sometimes people have to get in trouble for them to finally learn that they are not invincible or above the law.

I have a kid. And he hasn't stolen anyone's bike. Kids being kids means not cleaning up their room or talking back to their parents. This isn't a case of kids being kids. These are young men that committed a crime. Premeditated. Plain and simple. People need to stop bringing their age into this equation. They're thieves. I have a 10 year old that roots hard for Josh. The only thing Josh has given my son in return is this teachable moment. Gonna make it hard to root for him. We all make mistakes. And I'm sure this will haunt him for a long time. Funny thing is, he is old enough to know better yet people put it off as kids being kids. Please.

• Fire 4