Josh Banderas Arrested

I was charged, arrested and convicted of theft when I was about three years younger than Bando. I was taken to the police station by squad car in handcuffs.

Sure, those three years between 16 & 19 are huge in personal development, but I was old enough to know better and did it anyway. It wasn't a felony, but I did 80 hours of community service and a year of monitored probation. Likely that's what Bando will get, plus running every step in the stadium about 100 times.

They don't have a record because they haven't been caught before. It's highly unlikely this was just a one and done thing. They most likely have profited before if they were planning on selling them. Can my brother have his bike back now?

I think we're about done with these kinds of accusations. You have zero proof that these guys did anything like this before. Speculation about this is one thing, but you're going way overboard here. Let it go.

(Posted as a fan, not a Mod)

• Fire 1

They don't have a record because they haven't been caught before. It's highly unlikely this was just a one and done thing. They most likely have profited before if they were planning on selling them. Can my brother have his bike back now?

We get that you have known him in the past and have heard that he has stole things before, but the judge isn't going to ask you what you think. The only thing they can go on is their past record, which they do not have.

I am sure he will get some type of probation and community service. I would hope he gets to sit at least a couple of games. I personally would hope he sits the whole non conference games.

We get that you have known him in the past and have heard that he has stole things before, but the judge isn't going to ask you what you think. The only thing they can go on is their past record, which they do not have.

I am sure he will get some type of probation and community service. I would hope he gets to sit at least a couple of games. I personally would hope he sits the whole non conference games.

Fair enough. It's not like I'm cheering for them to get booted or anything. Hopefully this is a wake up call and they can learn from this mistake.
When the University does it: it's legal. A couple of kids: felony.

First off, 18+ years old isn't a kid.

Secondly, no where in the chain of possession for these bikes does Josh Banderas have a legal claim on them...or do you see one not visible to the rest of us?

Here's a good rule of thumb for all of you "kids" out there: If it's not yours, don't screw with it. That goes with other people's bicycles, other people's wives, other people's cars, other people's money, other people's land, other people's anything.

• Fire 4

I was charged, arrested and convicted of theft when I was about three years younger than Bando. I was taken to the police station by squad car in handcuffs.

Sure, those three years between 16 & 19 are huge in personal development, but I was old enough to know better and did it anyway. It wasn't a felony, but I did 80 hours of community service and a year of monitored probation. Likely that's what Bando will get, plus running every step in the stadium about 100 times.

That's the thing Knapp, you have to assume that these guys are intelligent enough to have known better too and the way the story reads, they did it 7 times and that totality of value is a felony $$$. Not going to pretend to know your circumstances when you were young and I sure as hell don't know Bando's but I can say with certainty that he was well versed as to what Bo's expectation were as a young man who plays for this university.

Do they get a second chance in athletics at Nebraska? Not my call to make!

• Fire 1

When the University does it: it's legal. A couple of kids: felony.

First off, 18+ years old isn't a kid.

Secondly, no where in the chain of possession for these bikes does Josh Banderas have a legal claim on them...or do you see one not visible to the rest of us?

Here's a good rule of thumb for all of you "kids" out there: If it's not yours, don't screw with it. That goes with other people's bicycles, other people's wives, other people's cars, other people's money, other people's land, other people's anything.

Straight ass words to live by! +1

• Fire 1

I gotta say Count, I was pretty shocked to hear about this. Not surprised a college kid stole a bunch of bikes, but because a Nebraska kid, from Lincoln, whose father was also a Husker is the guy who is being charged. Disappointing for me a bit just because I would think most kids from Nebraska with the opportunities Josh has had would be a bit more respectful and appreciative of those opportunities. Maybe I'm wrong about the way kids think nowadays.

That said, he is a kid. Once again we get another example of you fine folks at Huskerboard who have apparently never done anything wrong before. We've had these conversations before and the majority of you here apparently are damn near perfect, I know, but damn y'all are some harsh people too. No slack given huh? While I'm not saying what he did wasn't stupid, it's stupid as hell....what I am saying is that I've done many stupid things in my life. Most of those things were done at a young age. College kids do dumb sh#t. Do they deserve to be judged for the rest of their lives for it? Nah. Should he lose everything he's worked his whole life for because of this mistake? Hell nah. Punish him, yea. Hope he learns from it. Everyone deserves a second chance. It's what he does with that second chance that should count. Turning things around after a mistake shows character. Making that initial mistake just sows he's human, and a young one at that.

They're held to a higher standard than those other kids you talk about doing dumb stuff. They have far more to lose, and they represent something far larger than themselves. The consequences are huge, and he'll find that out. Whether you think that is fair or not is your own opinion, but it's the reality they accepted at the same time they signed their LOI.

Hurt yourself, but you'd damn well better not hurt the team.

It would be interesting to see some of you judge Bo with the same harsh criticism and knee jerk reactions that I've seen in this thread and in the past with the threads about Tyler Moore.

For the record, my daughters bike has been stolen twice, mine once. I was pissed. But if I found out some kid with his whole life ahead of him could lose it all because he took them, I would ask for the young mans apology and I would give him a second chance.

Now if he did it again, then that's on him.

First off this is not a mistake, a mistake is sticking your finger in wet paint, turning in front of traffic. This was a planned, decided upon crime/theft. He is a thief, nothing more nothing less. My question, would the 19 year old black kid in Omaha be called less.

Frontal lobe bull$hit. 16 years old you can drive, 18 you can go to war and fire weapons. Somewhere someone decided that it was developed well enough to do both of these things.

What ever Bo decides his fate is, is fine with me. I really do not want to think about facing Bo for this. Not much lower than a thief in my mind.

Poor judgment 100%. He knew exactly what he was doing. Not a mistake.

Had he done this in the military, he would treated under the UCMJ. Been demoted, and most likely transferred to a lesser destination. His SRB would be marked, so that every officer, SNCO knew he was a thief, and from that, most in the command would. Takes a lot of attaboys to recover from this crime in the military, if ever.

• Fire 4

First off this is not a mistake, a mistake is sticking your finger in wet paint, turning in front of traffic. This was a planned, decided upon crime/theft. He is a thief, nothing more nothing less. My question, would the 19 year old black kid in Omaha be called less.

Frontal lobe bull$hit. 16 years old you can drive, 18 you can go to war and fire weapons. Somewhere someone decided that it was developed well enough to do both of these things.

What ever Bo decides his fate is, is fine with me. I really do not want to think about facing Bo for this. Not much lower than a thief in my mind.

Poor judgment 100%. He knew exactly what he was doing. Not a mistake.

Had he done this in the military, he would treated under the UCMJ. Been demoted, and most likely transferred to a lesser destination. His SRB would be marked, so that every officer, SNCO knew he was a thief, and from that, most in the command would. Takes a lot of attaboys to recover from this crime in the military, if ever.

He's a monster!