Josh Banderas Arrested

Are we comparing pre-meditated felony theft to post-game interview remarks?

The straw man that is being built is quite impressive.

Anything to get a shot a Bo and "Bo-lievers" (who made that dumb word up?), I guess.

• Fire 3

I gotta say Count, I was pretty shocked to hear about this. Not surprised a college kid stole a bunch of bikes, but because a Nebraska kid, from Lincoln, whose father was also a Husker is the guy who is being charged. Disappointing for me a bit just because I would think most kids from Nebraska with the opportunities Josh has had would be a bit more respectful and appreciative of those opportunities. Maybe I'm wrong about the way kids think nowadays.

That said, he is a kid. Once again we get another example of you fine folks at Huskerboard who have apparently never done anything wrong before. We've had these conversations before and the majority of you here apparently are damn near perfect, I know, but damn y'all are some harsh people too. No slack given huh? While I'm not saying what he did wasn't stupid, it's stupid as hell....what I am saying is that I've done many stupid things in my life. Most of those things were done at a young age. College kids do dumb sh#t. Do they deserve to be judged for the rest of their lives for it? Nah. Should he lose everything he's worked his whole life for because of this mistake? Hell nah. Punish him, yea. Hope he learns from it. Everyone deserves a second chance. It's what he does with that second chance that should count. Turning things around after a mistake shows character. Making that initial mistake just sows he's human, and a young one at that.

They're held to a higher standard than those other kids you talk about doing dumb stuff. They have far more to lose, and they represent something far larger than themselves. The consequences are huge, and he'll find that out. Whether you think that is fair or not is your own opinion, but it's the reality they accepted at the same time they signed their LOI.

Hurt yourself, but you'd damn well better not hurt the team.

So funny you took it there because what I want to say next has been burning me all day since I posted my last comment.

What the hell kind of hypocrites are you "Bo-lievers" here on this site? I've seen some of the same people who defend Bo to no end, now call Banderas every name in the book. That, or they've called for him to be released from this team. Hmm.....

So a college kid makes a mistake, broke the law yes, but bike theft? Come on.... How about that 46 year old man that has made multiple mistakes, many of them repeated mistakes. Mistakes where much like a Banderas, better judgment should have prevailed. Difference is, one is 46 years old, the other 19 years old. Yet if I was like LOMS, I could go back in time in every thread here and many of you Bo supporters have never used the words against Bo that you've said against Banderas. And you sure as hell have never asked for Bo to be removed from the team. Many of you here just seem to really jump on these kids cases.

Tyler Moore. I remember the thread where he announced he was leaving, that he didn't want to be here. Boy oh boy, Huskerboard lost their sh#t. Good riddance! If he doesn't want to be here then eff him. Comments like, if he's not all "N" then we don't want him. Well I heard an audio tape from a guy who told the fans to f#*k themselves. This guy was telling whomever that these fans can kiss his ass on the way out the door because the times a comin'! Sounds like the words of a guy that is on his way out the door. Doesn't want to be here huh. Not all the way "N" so to speak. That was Bo. Where were these words you have for Tyler and Josh? Why aren't the same people who defend Bo and repeatedly give Bo a pass saying the same kinds of things they said in these threads? why do the players deserve less?

Lastly, I love your comment about being held to a higher standard. How their actions represent a whole lot more than just themselves. Once they signed on the dotted line right? Hmmm.....sounds like if anything, those rules should apply to a 46 year old man who is the face of this program. Not a 19 year old linebacker who played sparingly in one season of Nebraska football.

This isn't a fire Bo comment either. This is more about if you want to continually blame these kids for the teams struggles, if you want to jump on a kid for wanting to transfer somewhere he feels he has a better opportunity, and if you want to kick a kid off the team immediately because he stole some bikes? Then your hypocritical ass should apply all rules to your boy Bo as well.

Everybody knows that bike theft is a gateway crime to scooters! This needs to be headed off before the slippery slope of stealing Vespas runs rampant.

I gotta say Count, I was pretty shocked to hear about this. Not surprised a college kid stole a bunch of bikes, but because a Nebraska kid, from Lincoln, whose father was also a Husker is the guy who is being charged. Disappointing for me a bit just because I would think most kids from Nebraska with the opportunities Josh has had would be a bit more respectful and appreciative of those opportunities. Maybe I'm wrong about the way kids think nowadays.

That said, he is a kid. Once again we get another example of you fine folks at Huskerboard who have apparently never done anything wrong before. We've had these conversations before and the majority of you here apparently are damn near perfect, I know, but damn y'all are some harsh people too. No slack given huh? While I'm not saying what he did wasn't stupid, it's stupid as hell....what I am saying is that I've done many stupid things in my life. Most of those things were done at a young age. College kids do dumb sh#t. Do they deserve to be judged for the rest of their lives for it? Nah. Should he lose everything he's worked his whole life for because of this mistake? Hell nah. Punish him, yea. Hope he learns from it. Everyone deserves a second chance. It's what he does with that second chance that should count. Turning things around after a mistake shows character. Making that initial mistake just sows he's human, and a young one at that.

They're held to a higher standard than those other kids you talk about doing dumb stuff. They have far more to lose, and they represent something far larger than themselves. The consequences are huge, and he'll find that out. Whether you think that is fair or not is your own opinion, but it's the reality they accepted at the same time they signed their LOI.

So funny you took it there because what I want to say next has been burning me all day since I posted my last comment.

What the hell kind of hypocrites are you "Bo-lievers" here on this site? I've seen some of the same people who defend Bo to no end, now call Banderas every name in the book. That, or they've called for him to be released from this team. Hmm.....

So a college kid makes a mistake, broke the law yes, but bike theft? Come on.... How about that 46 year old man that has made multiple mistakes, many of them repeated mistakes. Mistakes where much like a Banderas, better judgment should have prevailed. Difference is, one is 46 years old, the other 19 years old. Yet if I was like LOMS, I could go back in time in every thread here and many of you Bo supporters have never used the words against Bo that you've said against Banderas. And you sure as hell have never asked for Bo to be removed from the team. Many of you here just seem to really jump on these kids cases.

Tyler Moore. I remember the thread where he announced he was leaving, that he didn't want to be here. Boy oh boy, Huskerboard lost their sh#t. Good riddance! If he doesn't want to be here then eff him. Comments like, if he's not all "N" then we don't want him. Well I heard an audio tape from a guy who told the fans to f#*k themselves. This guy was telling whomever that these fans can kiss his ass on the way out the door because the times a comin'! Sounds like the words of a guy that is on his way out the door. Doesn't want to be here huh. Not all the way "N" so to speak. That was Bo. Where were these words you have for Tyler and Josh? Why aren't the same people who defend Bo and repeatedly give Bo a pass saying the same kinds of things they said in these threads? why do the players deserve less?

Lastly, I love your comment about being held to a higher standard. How their actions represent a whole lot more than just themselves. Once they signed on the dotted line right? Hmmm.....sounds like if anything, those rules should apply to a 46 year old man who is the face of this program. Not a 19 year old linebacker who played sparingly in one season of Nebraska football.

This isn't a fire Bo comment either. This is more about if you want to continually blame these kids for the teams struggles, if you want to jump on a kid for wanting to transfer somewhere he feels he has a better opportunity, and if you want to kick a kid off the team immediately because he stole some bikes? Then your hypocritical ass should apply all rules to your boy Bo as well.

This isn't about Bo. Bo hasn't to my knowledge stolen anything.
  • Fire 1

So is your post about theft or about transferring?

I have a kid. And he hasn't stolen anyone's bike. Kids being kids means not cleaning up their room or talking back to their parents. This isn't a case of kids being kids. These are young men that committed a crime. Premeditated. Plain and simple. People need to stop bringing their age into this equation. They're thieves. I have a 10 year old that roots hard for Josh. The only thing Josh has given my son in return is this teachable moment. Gonna make it hard to root for him. We all make mistakes. And I'm sure this will haunt him for a long time. Funny thing is, he is old enough to know better yet people put it off as kids being kids. Please.

No. Kids being kids for "your kids" means not cleaning up their rooms or talking back. So consider yourself lucky.

Kids being kids for my mother was me and my four younger bothers raising hell, drinking, smoking some dope, and a few other stupid things we never should have done. Even skinny dipping in the backyard pool with a girlfriend of mine at the time while finishing off a bottle of vodka. Just one example of the many times where I acted without realizing there would be consequences. Thank goodness none of my consequences changed my life forever. Thankfully, in my opinion and e opinion of many, I grew into a fine young fella with a good heart. Many say I'm a hard worker, and most of all a great father. That's the one I'm proudest of anyways. There was a time in my life where many people believed I was headed nowhere.

Now maybe that's why I relate to things like this, but I'm telling you, if this was your child you would rip their ass, chew em up and down, punish them as a father should. If your kids are as well behaved as you say above, you'd be shocked to hear that they committed a crime like this bike theft. But I bet my ass you wouldn't want that crime to destroy the dream they've worked their entire life for. Josh should have known better. This should never have happened. Losing your career as a Husker, a dream I'm sure he's had since he was old enough to know his father played for Nebraska, well that punishment doesn't fit the crime.

IMO.

• Fire 1

Very dumb move on their part to be sure, but I can't speak to how some people think. Should it ruin his life and FB career, probably not. If he can get things squared away and toe the line than he deserves a second chance. He should be punished and I am sure he will, but it can't be as drastic as being thrown off the team IMO.

Heck, Johnny Rodgers robbed a gas station, and he got a second chance.

• Fire 1

I have a kid. And he hasn't stolen anyone's bike. Kids being kids means not cleaning up their room or talking back to their parents. This isn't a case of kids being kids. These are young men that committed a crime. Premeditated. Plain and simple. People need to stop bringing their age into this equation. They're thieves. I have a 10 year old that roots hard for Josh. The only thing Josh has given my son in return is this teachable moment. Gonna make it hard to root for him. We all make mistakes. And I'm sure this will haunt him for a long time. Funny thing is, he is old enough to know better yet people put it off as kids being kids. Please.

No. Kids being kids for "your kids" means not cleaning up their rooms or talking back. So consider yourself lucky.

Kids being kids for my mother was me and my four younger bothers raising hell, drinking, smoking some dope, and a few other stupid things we never should have done. Even skinny dipping in the backyard pool with a girlfriend of mine at the time while finishing off a bottle of vodka. Just one example of the many times where I acted without realizing there would be consequences. Thank goodness none of my consequences changed my life forever. Thankfully, in my opinion and e opinion of many, I grew into a fine young fella with a good heart. Many say I'm a hard worker, and most of all a great father. That's the one I'm proudest of anyways. There was a time in my life where many people believed I was headed nowhere.

Now maybe that's why I relate to things like this, but I'm telling you, if this was your child you would rip their ass, chew em up and down, punish them as a father should. If your kids are as well behaved as you say above, you'd be shocked to hear that they committed a crime like this bike theft. But I bet my ass you wouldn't want that crime to destroy the dream they've worked their entire life for. Josh should have known better. This should never have happened. Losing your career as a Husker, a dream I'm sure he's had since he was old enough to know his father played for Nebraska, well that punishment doesn't fit the crime.

IMO.

Well if this is how well he nurtures his dream of a lifetime then I don't think he deserves another chance based on how easily he chose to put it jeopardy. As far as what you or I consider childish behavior, the things you've done would constitute as ass chewing from your parents. Or juvie. Or therapy. Or the military. Something. When I was doing childish things it consisted of starting the neighbors yard on fire playing with smoke balls. Or messing up my uncles newly painted basement by throwing a Racquetball against it. Me as a kid got in trouble for breaking curfew or stealing a case of beer from the old man. Or throwing a party while they were out of town. None of which I did while living out my dream of playing for my beloved Huskers. So ya know, there's a little difference.

I am not saying he needs kicked off the team, that is Bo's choice and I am fine either way.

But saying it is a mistake is crap. He knew eactly what he was doing, planned and executed the plan. Not the best plan obviously.

My guess is that it is going to be a very miserable summer for Josh. A lot in the locker room will look at him differently I am sure. My guess is he remains, but if he is gone, there has been a prior problem.

I think Bo is pretty fair with these kids, and I am sure he feels more disappointment than anger.

• Fire 1

Mis-take

1. An action or judgment that is misguided or wrong

I don't see how this crime doesn't fit the very definition of mistake. I think you are confusing the words "accident" and "mistake". The meaning changes due to whether the action was deliberate or not. In this case, the "mistake" was a deliberate action that was wrong and very misguided. It was no accident.

• Fire 1

Apples to Oranges