Josh Banderas Arrested

So funny you took it there because what I want to say next has been burning me all day since I posted my last comment.

What the hell kind of hypocrites are you "Bo-lievers" here on this site? I've seen some of the same people who defend Bo to no end, now call Banderas every name in the book. That, or they've called for him to be released from this team. Hmm.....

So a college kid makes a mistake, broke the law yes, but bike theft? Come on.... How about that 46 year old man that has made multiple mistakes, many of them repeated mistakes. Mistakes where much like a Banderas, better judgment should have prevailed. Difference is, one is 46 years old, the other 19 years old. Yet if I was like LOMS, I could go back in time in every thread here and many of you Bo supporters have never used the words against Bo that you've said against Banderas. And you sure as hell have never asked for Bo to be removed from the team. Many of you here just seem to really jump on these kids cases.

Tyler Moore. I remember the thread where he announced he was leaving, that he didn't want to be here. Boy oh boy, Huskerboard lost their sh#t. Good riddance! If he doesn't want to be here then eff him. Comments like, if he's not all "N" then we don't want him. Well I heard an audio tape from a guy who told the fans to f#*k themselves. This guy was telling whomever that these fans can kiss his ass on the way out the door because the times a comin'! Sounds like the words of a guy that is on his way out the door. Doesn't want to be here huh. Not all the way "N" so to speak. That was Bo. Where were these words you have for Tyler and Josh? Why aren't the same people who defend Bo and repeatedly give Bo a pass saying the same kinds of things they said in these threads? why do the players deserve less?

Lastly, I love your comment about being held to a higher standard. How their actions represent a whole lot more than just themselves. Once they signed on the dotted line right? Hmmm.....sounds like if anything, those rules should apply to a 46 year old man who is the face of this program. Not a 19 year old linebacker who played sparingly in one season of Nebraska football.

This isn't a fire Bo comment either. This is more about if you want to continually blame these kids for the teams struggles, if you want to jump on a kid for wanting to transfer somewhere he feels he has a better opportunity, and if you want to kick a kid off the team immediately because he stole some bikes? Then your hypocritical ass should apply all rules to your boy Bo as well.

Fonzie%20prepares%20to%20jump%20the%20sh

• Fire 3

So funny you took it there because what I want to say next has been burning me all day since I posted my last comment.

What the hell kind of hypocrites are you "Bo-lievers" here on this site? I've seen some of the same people who defend Bo to no end, now call Banderas every name in the book. That, or they've called for him to be released from this team. Hmm.....

So a college kid makes a mistake, broke the law yes, but bike theft? Come on.... How about that 46 year old man that has made multiple mistakes, many of them repeated mistakes. Mistakes where much like a Banderas, better judgment should have prevailed. Difference is, one is 46 years old, the other 19 years old. Yet if I was like LOMS, I could go back in time in every thread here and many of you Bo supporters have never used the words against Bo that you've said against Banderas. And you sure as hell have never asked for Bo to be removed from the team. Many of you here just seem to really jump on these kids cases.

Tyler Moore. I remember the thread where he announced he was leaving, that he didn't want to be here. Boy oh boy, Huskerboard lost their sh#t. Good riddance! If he doesn't want to be here then eff him. Comments like, if he's not all "N" then we don't want him. Well I heard an audio tape from a guy who told the fans to f#*k themselves. This guy was telling whomever that these fans can kiss his ass on the way out the door because the times a comin'! Sounds like the words of a guy that is on his way out the door. Doesn't want to be here huh. Not all the way "N" so to speak. That was Bo. Where were these words you have for Tyler and Josh? Why aren't the same people who defend Bo and repeatedly give Bo a pass saying the same kinds of things they said in these threads? why do the players deserve less?

Lastly, I love your comment about being held to a higher standard. How their actions represent a whole lot more than just themselves. Once they signed on the dotted line right? Hmmm.....sounds like if anything, those rules should apply to a 46 year old man who is the face of this program. Not a 19 year old linebacker who played sparingly in one season of Nebraska football.

This isn't a fire Bo comment either. This is more about if you want to continually blame these kids for the teams struggles, if you want to jump on a kid for wanting to transfer somewhere he feels he has a better opportunity, and if you want to kick a kid off the team immediately because he stole some bikes? Then your hypocritical ass should apply all rules to your boy Bo as well.

Fonzie%20prepares%20to%20jump%20the%20sh

I feel like that picture could be used fairly often on this site. Well done.

Pretty sure the artist formerly known as EZ-E has it nailed here as to whats really going on

"Paul Crewe and I are convinced Carl Pelini has something to do with all of this.

Yup. Think about it. Carl starting his coke and hooker ring up in Lincoln. So he needed some enforcers to fight off disgruntled customers to help him out so he gets the cleanest kid from one of the best backgrounds on the team to steal some bikes for him. Not cars, bikes. How many bicyclists get pulled over and searched for drugs? Carl knew that those bikes were about to become the property of the University, so the worst Bando should have been charged with is a misdemeanor actually. A slap on the wrist. Then Bando discloses the information that he planned to sell the bikes to cover for Carl. There's also a direct correlation between Nebraska playing better defense and Carl being around town. So with the evidence in hand, it suggests the resurgence of the Pelini crime family in Lincoln."

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=101060

By my gauge, the temperature in the state is astonishing on the Banderas situation. While Pelini and the Nebraska administration have stayed quiet, fans and media are speaking out, many in in knee-jerk fashion. Some are ready for the Huskers to cut ties with Banderas for a full season, if not for good.

In January, defensive end Avery Moss was banned from campus for one year, stemming from a 2012 public-indecency charge. Offensive tackle Alex Lewis is set to serve a 45-day jail sentence this summer for a 2013 assault committed before he enrolled at Nebraska.

Lewis was not allowed to work out with the team last fall after his transfer from Colorado but has faced no additional discipline since joining the program in January.

Banderas’ actions, which pale in comparison, have more significantly raised the ire of Nebraskans. This is a slippery slope. Let’s remember that he is 19 and a productive citizen by all previous accounts.

Pelini has time to make a decision, time to monitor Banderas’ reaction, time to determine appropriate discipline.

The image of Nebraska football is important, perhaps more so now than ever. But Banderas, still with a promising future, ought not to be sacrificed for it.

Edited by knapplc
I put that in quotes, since it's all from Mitch Sherman. It's important to be clear what's being quoted from copyrighted sources and what's your own stuff. If the whole thing is a quote, go ahead and put it all in quotes.

I am being very honest here, I can handle a guy getting in to fight, kicking someone's ass, maybe even to big to have done it. But that stuff happens, a mistake in a true form. Dropping your trousers in front of a young lady, could be a very bad deal, or a thought gone totally wrong. Kids now days have no problem showing their privates, in public or on media networks. Not a good idea, not a mistake, a stupid move.

Stealing is a different horse, if he steals from one he can steal from another. Having been a victim of theft, it is very hard to deal with sometimes. Knowing the action was planned for makes it a lot worse in most peoples eyes. A bike setting there with out alock or left unlocked, it happens, not good, but not the same has getting tools, scoping out the area and having a get away planned and the sale of stolen object planned for profit.

All of us have grabbed something that wasn't ours and we learned a lesson normally very early on in life, mine in the second grade. Had my ass beat with a belt till I could barely set down, had to take it back and apologize to the store and to the teacher for doing it. Spent most of the summer in my room if I remember correctly. Mom's and Dad's are/were pretty strict about stealing. That item was a ball point pen that wrote in three colors!!!!. Most likely far less than a dollar then. I remember it to this day as if it were yesterday.

Bo has control over this. I think Bo is a fair man, a good man, and will make the best choice for Josh and the program. I am really not that concerned about it

Jet was convicted of a gas station robbery while he was a UNL student. Rodgers pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of felony larceny and was sentenced to two years of probation. ?Team violation(s), if any :dunno??? He was pardoned by the Nebraska Committee of Pardons, and his conviction was vacated.

Josh could be kleptomania trait who is the inability to refrain from the urge to steal for reasons other than personal use or financial gain. Or perhaps psychiatric disorders? Josh's family is poor? :dunno :dunno :dunno