What is wrong with Christianity? And Christians?

christians literally take pride in believing in something that they cannot see or prove, because they think that their faith is some kind of a test

also any argument a christian presents comes from their standpoint that their faith is absolutely correct. productive!

So, what if we are wrong? Then what? We all go to the same ground you will when we die.

But what if we are right? Eh? Then what happens Tschu?

Then tschu is a big dummy and gets left out of heaven where all the good believers are. D'oh! :)

christians literally take pride in believing in something that they cannot see or prove, because they think that their faith is some kind of a test

also any argument a christian presents comes from their standpoint that their faith is absolutely correct. productive!

So, what if we are wrong? Then what? We all go to the same ground you will when we die.

But what if we are right? Eh? Then what happens Tschu?

Then tschu is a big dummy and gets left out of heaven where all the good believers are.

Look, I don't mean to sound self righteous in the previous comment or scenario, if you will.

I'm really horrible at christian apologetics so I really should just keep my mouth shut. I'm only bringing more harm.

I actually loathe the Christian argument of, "oh if we're right then good for us but if we're wrong then who cares we all end up the same right?

That implies that following Jesus didn't cost you anything, and Paul has some choice words for that kind of 'faith'.

And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.
(1 Corinthians 15:14-17 ESV)
In other words, if you are doing the Christian thing the right way, and it turns out to be a lie, then you have wasted your life. If you bet your entire life savings on the Huskers to win the national championship last year, and you turned out to be wrong, would you shrug it off? No you would be devastated and wrecked with regret because you gave all of yourself to something that was for naught. The same is true of Christianity, or at least, the same is supposed to be true.
  • Fire 1

I actually loathe the Christian argument of, "oh if we're right then good for us but if we're wrong then who cares we all end up the same right?

That implies that following Jesus didn't cost you anything, and Paul has some choice words for that kind of 'faith'.

And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.
(1 Corinthians 15:14-17 ESV)
In other words, if you are doing the Christian thing the right way, and it turns out to be a lie, then you have wasted your life. If you bet your entire life savings on the Huskers to win the national championship last year, and you turned out to be wrong, would you shrug it off? No you would be devastated and wrecked with regret because you gave all of yourself to something that was for naught. The same is true of Christianity, or at least, the same is supposed to be true.

I'm not in any way disagreeing with this.

But, by using Pascal's wager, while extremely flawed, is definitely an interesting question to pose to those who don't believe in a God. When taking on a christian apologetic argument or discussion. The Bible can't be used as a source of justification because both sides don't agree on its credibility.

An apologetics Pastor that I know is very well verse in free will arguments, naturalism, etc...I need to do some studying up on his stuff. It's really interesting.

I don't need a convoluted book, an eternal hell, or some long winded theological reason to tell me what my grandfather put rather succinctly....

"Treat people how you want to be treated"

My grandfather was a bit more blunt: "Right's right and wrong's a sh!t@ss."

• Fire 1

what if believing in a christian god is the ultimate sin to whoever is the true god? you gotta worry about that, too, people.

I won't go so far as to say that Christianity is the one true religion and all other religions are invalid. But I know for certain that Christianity is a true path. You might wonder how I could know this. Here's how: LINK

• 2 weeks later...