Why does the messiah get a pass by the media for the current gas prices?

Nah the Messiah is the best thing for this country just look at his overall approval rating

Do you think that approval rating is a good judge of how good or bad a president is for the country? Assuming that you're talking about Obama as the Messiah, of course . . . which seems a bit silly.

IDK but I am guessing you are going to tell me how dumb people are that use this rating, I would like to know how are we suppose to guage it then?

IDK but I am guessing you are going to tell me how dumb people are that use this rating, I would like to know how are we suppose to guage it then?

I don't think that it's dumb people that use it necessarily . . . more that Obama critics seem to only care about his approval rating when it's low and Obama supporters seem to only care about his approval rating when it's high.

I don't think that approval rating while in office amounts to much other than for electoral reasons. History will be the judge . . . and my WAG is that it's going to be roughly average or slightly above. We'll see.

• Fire 1

The sad thing is, he probably had the potential to crack top-5.

In his own mind - Go stand at the Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson monuments or go to Mt Rushmore- Meditate on who these men were, how they governed in a time a crisis, change and challenges - most modern day presidents since FDR can't be measured against these guys. The most influential presidents since FDR are probably LBJ and Reagan. LBJ has the legacy of the Great Society programs (his stain is Vietnam) and Reagan the ending of the cold war and the turning around of our economy.

Let me add this note: It is too early to rank President Obama - potential isn't "rankable" & his term has not been completed. Serious questions: how is our economy doing 6 years into his term? The recovery has been anemic. Has he united us or divided us (note Congress also gets the blame here - it is shared)? I think we are more divided then ever. What are his foreign policy accomplishments that warrant a high ranking? I believe he has not improved the image of the USA around the world as he said he would. While we aren't to 'lone ranger' anymore, I believe we are seen as weak and ineffective.

• Fire 1