247 Picks Top RB Combos in the Nation

Kind of weird having Georgia at number 1. Keith Marshall's injury was pretty nasty and he'll be lucky to be at full speed by fall camp. How he holds up during the season is anyone's guess.

Marshall should be good to go and nick Chubb should make an immediate impact

I would argue that Michel will actually make more of an immediate impact than Chubb, but you're right; one of the frosh will step up. However, the article states that it will be Marshall and Gurley and I am VERY skeptical that Marshall will be where he was when he went down. That hit was nasty.

I think a lot has to do with the general perception of the program as well. NU has yet to "get back". If we finished in the top 10 last year or started higher this year, AA and Cross, IMO, would also be mentioned much higher. Winning cures a lot of issues. Until we show we can compete day in and day out, we will continue to get these type of "other mentions".

does ANYONE outside of the B1G know who Ameer Abdullah is?

seriously..

Its not so much they haven't heard of Ameer as they haven't heard of Cross.

Correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't they know of Cross? I believe he lead Nebraska in rushing touchdowns last year.

Cross is still considered a short yardage back by the national media. Personally I think he has a good year with 800+ yards rushing. AA will by around 1400. I think TA rushing numbers fall back to something normal in our offense like 4-500 yards. I don't think he approaches TM type numbers. The other backs should get about 3-400 yards each. That's the way I see, of coarse I am probably completely wrong. :ahhhhhhhh

does ANYONE outside of the B1G know who Ameer Abdullah is?

seriously..

Its not so much they haven't heard of Ameer as they haven't heard of Cross.

Correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't they know of Cross? I believe he lead Nebraska in rushing touchdowns last year.

Cross is still considered a short yardage back by the national media. Personally I think he has a good year with 800+ yards rushing. AA will by around 1400. I think TA rushing numbers fall back to something normal in our offense like 4-500 yards. I don't think he approaches TM type numbers. The other backs should get about 3-400 yards each. That's the way I see, of coarse I am probably completely wrong. :ahhhhhhhh

Even at the low end of these predicted totals, we'd be at 3300 rushing yards for the season. I could live with that!