Proud daddies welcome their new boy because of surrogate mother

I don't post hardly ever in the Politics/Religion forums but I saw this picture and had to talk about it. Me personally I wouldn't kiss other guy or be intimate with another guy but it doesn't mean that I hate gays or that they shouldn't be together. I believe that people should date whoever they want and I support gay marriage. Nobody has the right to tell someone who they can't love.

This picture has been floating around facebook and it pisses me off reading all of the negative comments and gay slurs that people have to write about these new proud parents. How are these gay people effecting you and your life? How are they hurting you as a person? These two look like very happy individuals who want to start a family just like everybody else.

I used to be in the Correctional field and I've seen numerous straight couples who shouldn't even have kids but yet we aren't ridiculing those families because they are not gay. I have a gay uncle and cousin who are one of the nicest people I've ever meet. They're just people like you and I who just like the same sex. It pisses me off when people talk about religion and how gays are sins blah blah blah. I bet half those people talking about gays being sins are the same ones who had sex or lived with their partner before they got married.

Sorry that's my rant for the day. My fiancée asked me what I saw in this picture and I replied back with "happiness" and she goes "this is why I love you." Heres the picture that's floating around

10414883_797337710306700_443219553664710

• Fire 2

I don't post hardly ever in the Politics/Religion forums but I saw this picture and had to talk about it. Me personally I wouldn't kiss other guy or be intimate with another guy but it doesn't mean that I hate gays or that they shouldn't be together. I believe that people should date whoever they want and I support gay marriage. Nobody has the right to tell someone who they can't love.

This picture has been floating around facebook and it pisses me off reading all of the negative comments and gay slurs that people have to write about these new proud parents. How are these gay people effecting you and your life? How are they hurting you as a person? These two look like very happy individuals who want to start a family just like everybody else.

I used to be in the Correctional field and I've seen numerous straight couples who shouldn't even have kids but yet we aren't ridiculing those families because they are not gay. I have a gay uncle and cousin who are one of the nicest people I've ever meet. They're just people like you and I who just like the same sex. It pisses me off when people talk about religion and how gays are sins blah blah blah. I bet half those people talking about gays being sins are the same ones who had sex or lived with their partner before they got married.

Sorry that's my rant for the day. My fiancée asked me what I saw in this picture and I replied back with "happiness" and she goes "this is why I love you." Heres the picture that's floating around

That really is a touching photo. You can see the raw emotion. It's interesting to me that a gay couple--who by definition can't conceive their own child--still has strong feelings to become parents. I guess the parent instinct is independent of the gender preference instinct. They will probably be very good parents.

• Fire 1

I'm kind of curious. Why are they shirtless?

I've never seen that, and the hospital made me wear scrubs for my 2 kids.

That's, odd.

The nurse had us do skin to skin with our last one for about 4 hrs. Said it helps warm the baby back up and comforts it.

• Fire 1

I've never seen that, and the hospital made me wear scrubs for my 2 kids.

That's, odd.

The nurse had us do skin to skin with our last one for about 4 hrs. Said it helps warm the baby back up and comforts it.

Yeah, I didn't get to hold my little one until he was born for almost 6 hours because they did skin to skin with my wife.

There are quite a few reported benefits. My wife has done a lot of reading and here's a good article about it. It helps with bonding and breastfeeding being a huge benefit.

http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&id=82:the-importance-of-skin-to-skin-contact-&Itemid=17

Considering it was 2 men, one of the reasons can be ruled out.

I am sure it had something to do with the baby's body temp. Usually it's the mother but considering she was a surrogate, the dads probably wanted the honor.

There are quite a few reported benefits. My wife has done a lot of reading and here's a good article about it. It helps with bonding and breastfeeding being a huge benefit.

http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&id=82:the-importance-of-skin-to-skin-contact-&Itemid=17

you do not want someone else holding the child, the child getting that person's scent, and then rejecting its parents. it's science.