SIGNED - LB Dedrick Young

Mavric

"And I just said, ‘We’ve got Dedrick Young. We’ve got Dedrick Young.’”

Dedrick Young? As of Monday, he’s Nebraska’s newest commit, the second to pledge to Nebraska in the Mike Riley era. He’s a recruit who ran for more than 4,400 yards as a running back and had the second most tackles in his high school’s history as a linebacker, and ran a 4.58 electronically-clocked 40-yard-dash, was second in the state or Arizona in the hurdles, and is the strongest football player to come through the school ... ever.
And, as Taylor confided, he erases doubts.
What happened in that Division II state championship game right after the coach reminded himself that his team has Dedrick Young and the other team does not?
“Three plays later he went 75 yards for a touchdown and the game was over,” Taylor said.
A significant score that helps one better understand Nebraska’s significant score on Monday morning when Young reached past the Arizona and Michigan State hats, grabbing the Husker lid and putting it atop his head.
He said he liked what Nebraska offered academically. He also said “I just feel like it’s home.”

LJS

This is outstanding, welcome Dedrick! This kid is special. I had the opportunity to see him play live and was so impressed with him. He was all over the field. And I love that the Huskers are making some noise recruiting in AZ (and especially that the UofA didn't get him!). There's a lot of talent here, that's for sure.