New Trophy Game vs. Wisconsin

"I feel like every team is a rival. I dislike every team equally." Ameer Abdullah[/size]

I would have to agree with this... trophy or not I hate them all. [/size]

yup, a trophy should not add any motivation. winning should always be all the motivation an athlete needs at a tradition rich school like nebraska.

When you change your name can it be captain'buzzkill

"I feel like every team is a rival. I dislike every team equally." Ameer Abdullah[/size]

I would have to agree with this... trophy or not I hate them all. [/size]

yup, a trophy should not add any motivation. winning should always be all the motivation an athlete needs at a tradition rich school like nebraska.

But what if there are a lot of night games in a row or something?

• Fire 1

Really?

Are we going to print up shirts to stir up a manufactured rivalry? Maybe we can steal their mascot and strap him to the front of a Studebaker, like they did in the old days...

no kidding. the best rivalry we ever had did not require some ridiculous trophy.
I think we did. It was called the Big 8 trophy.
  • Fire 2

As a fan...you probably shouldn't care. I think it's more for the players involved, who walk by it every day and relive the win in their heads. I dunno. I never understood the point but I don't think it's for the fans as much as it is for the players who are actually playing the game.

It's for both, it's a fun thing.

Really?

Are we going to print up shirts to stir up a manufactured rivalry? Maybe we can steal their mascot and strap him to the front of a Studebaker, like they did in the old days...

no kidding. the best rivalry we ever had did not require some ridiculous trophy.
I think we did. It was called the Big 8 trophy.

The trophy that pretty much only said either Nebraska or Oklahoma on it....

As a fan...you probably shouldn't care. I think it's more for the players involved, who walk by it every day and relive the win in their heads. I dunno. I never understood the point but I don't think it's for the fans as much as it is for the players who are actually playing the game.

ExactlY. Its for the players. Not grumpy dudes on a message board.

Err... no. Go talk to other fans in the Big 10 with these rivalry games. They get into Paul Bunyan's Axe & the Little Brown Jug. Across college football fans are into the Keg of Nails game, the Governor's Cup, the Bronze Boot... these are all part of college football lore, the kind of thing that makes college football better than the NFL. And the fans are very much involved, many more so than the players, since many of those fans have been concerned about those trophies since before those players were born.

• Fire 1

Err... no. Go talk to other fans in the Big 10 with these rivalry games. They get into Paul Bunyan's Axe & the Little Brown Jug. Across college football fans are into the Keg of Nails game, the Governor's Cup, the Bronze Boot... these are all part of college football lore, the kind of thing that makes college football better than the NFL. And the fans are very much involved, many more so than the players, since many of those fans have been concerned about those trophies since before those players were born.

I am sure the first 5 years those were introduced people didnt care.. takes time for these things to become meaningful... if the trophy is something unique ala the axe) eventually people might care.