New Trophy Game vs. Wisconsin

Speak for yourself....It's being forced on us. Trust me.

The feeling is mutual, and as stated above, these rivalries need to grow organically. Stuff like trophy games, that the fans have no interest/investment in, mean absolutely nothing. I know we play Iowa for some trophy every year, but frankly I couldn't tell you what it looks like and I don't care. We could play for a squiggly piece of pipe resembling the Missouri river between the two states for all I care.

Nebraskans in general really don't care about rivalry trophies. Most people didn't even know we played Missouri for a trophy (some bell) until the last year we were in the Big XII. Nobody cares about it. How important can it be?

+1

Exactly! The only trophies Nebraska fans care about or should care about are Conference Championship trophies & National Championship trophies. Period.

• Fire 1

especially when the best rivalries come about organically?

Tell that to the Monsanto vs Facebook blood feud.

some have to be genetically modified, but that is to make sure there are enough rivalries for everyone.

Let's leave the Wisconsin players out of this conversation.

some have to be genetically modified, but that is to make sure there are enough rivalries for everyone.

you can't eat that much cheese made with milk enhanced by hormone treatment and tell me it doesn't change you.

you can't eat that much cheese made with milk enhanced by hormone treatment and tell me it doesn't change you.

Thats why you should always include Roundup Ready soy in your diet.

Guess I don't see the harm. Gives the players some motivation, a plus. It annoys the Wisconsin fans, big plus.

Frankly, if the trophy sticks, in 50 years nobody who looks forward to the trophy game is gonna give a damn what some dudes on a message board thought about it being "forced". I mean, how did most of the trophy games get started anyway? Somebody felt it was a good idea and it stuck. Just enjoy it, hurts nothing.

• Fire 4

Most of the trophies represent some historical significance between the teams. We really have no history with any of these schools so it seems awkward and contrived. Maybe in order to incorporate the new schools, there should be something of a different significance.

The right to be called NU on the scoreboard with Northwestern was mentioned.

Maybe with Wisconsin it should be the All Red/White game where the previous years winner wears all white regardless of location of the game.

Maybe Iowa you have to repaint the end zones in the previous years winner colors regardless of location

These were just off the top of my head and not meant to be considered serious suggestions but these things would most likely mean more to the players than a trophy with no historical background.

Nebraskans in general really don't care about rivalry trophies. Most people didn't even know we played Missouri for a trophy (some bell) until the last year we were in the Big XII. Nobody cares about it. How important can it be?

A lot of video game playing Nebraska fans that learned about it when EA started incorporating 'rivalry trophies/games' into NCAA Football.

It was the first time I realized that Missouri was our rival, and that (per EA) Oklahoma wasn't...

"I feel like every team is a rival. I dislike every team equally." Ameer Abdullah

I would have to agree with this... trophy or not I hate them all.

yup, a trophy should not add any motivation. winning should always be all the motivation an athlete needs at a tradition rich school like nebraska.