Tony Stewart ‘Runs Over’ Opposing Driver During Altercation, Killing Him (Video)

suh_fan93

There was no apparent engine revving or message trying to be made, and it's idiotic for people to assume the worst in others so often.

Yeah, apparently Tony purposely sped up and swerved towards him. That's certainly what it looks like in the video. Saying he was probably just trying to send a message and it was an accident is the exact opposite of assuming the worst in him.

From all I've seen, I think Tony never really touched him in the preceding spin by Ward. Ward felt he was pushed off the track, Tony didn't even realize what had happened. So Tony going around under caution doesn't expect someone to come up to his car.

Trailing the blue car he sees Ward at the last moment, gives the car a little juice to cut left quick and it all goes horribly wrong. Fairly dark on the back stretch, driver wearing black suit, black helmet, and standing with his black car in the background.

Sometimes under caution cars will also light up the tires a bit to clean them up before a restart so that could be a possibility as well if Tony wasn't paying attention really and was just following the cars around under caution. So many factors that come into play in this incident. No matter what though, it is sad, a young man is gone. The pain must be horrible.

Prayers for the family and all who knew the young man.

There was no apparent engine revving or message trying to be made, and it's idiotic for people to assume the worst in others so often.

Yeah, apparently Tony purposely sped up and swerved towards him. That's certainly what it looks like in the video. Saying he was probably just trying to send a message and it was an accident is the exact opposite of assuming the worst in him.

Sprint guys (and all racers in fact) blip the throttle all the time under cation like that, although that definitely isn't a safe place to do it. The video is too tight for anyone to really know what went on except for the people who were there and Tony, all you can say for sure is that Stewart kicked his car out and it walked up the track into the guy who was walking down the track at him. Tragic for everyone involved.

Stewart had a history of anger issues after accidents at all circuits. On top of that his "business as usual" comment further showed his true colors, that of a POS.

And that quote isn't Stewart's it's his director of operations Greg Zipadelli's about the teams operations.

Sprint guys (and all racers in fact) blip the throttle all the time under cation like that, although that definitely isn't a safe place to do it. The video is too tight for anyone to really know what went on except for the people who were there and Tony, all you can say for sure is that Stewart kicked his car out and it walked up the track into the guy who was walking down the track at him. Tragic for everyone involved.

what you said about the video being too tight is very important. Stewart seems to take the same line as everyone else that went past him. The blue car came very close as well. I'm not a Stewart fan, never have been, but I would hope no driver would intentionally harm another. Wreck their car maybe, not take their live or seriously injure them. The thought of a driver intentionally injuring is sickening. I hope that was not the case

• Fire 1

Everyone in here nails it mostly.. lots of poor choices, but the thing that shocks me is when he hits him,, the kid goes flying but didnt look "that" severe... he didnt flip in the air.

I am not really sure what you do here. I think legally, Tony is probably not in trouble.. but i think that he should be banned from racing.

I know that is a bit extreme, but cooler heads need to prevail.... a man lost his life because of TS actions.

Stewart had a history of anger issues after accidents at all circuits. On top of that his "business as usual" comment further showed his true colors, that of a POS.

And that quote isn't Stewart's it's his director of operations Greg Zipadelli's about the teams operations.

ZRod is correct. They just showed the press conference clip on ESPN. He (Greg Zipadelli) was definitely talking about the team. On a related note Regan Smith replaced Stewart in today's race.

Found this on another fourm, I believe the 45 car is the blue one in front of Tony?

image_zps28565efd.jpg

Confirming what I said earlier. My brothers dad works on these cars and I've known of the huge right side blind spots which is why I said it wasn't apparent engine revving with him having seen him beforehand. Neither driver saw him til last second and you can only barely be avoided by cars driving straight in your direction so many times before one doesn's see you in time and something horrible happens.

Condolences to the family as I know it's gotta be tough to see a son so yound die in such a horrible way.

Found this on another fourm, I believe the 45 car is the blue one in front of Tony?

image_zps28565efd.jpg

Confirming what I said earlier. My brothers dad works on these cars and I've known of the huge right side blind spots which is why I said it wasn't apparent engine revving with him having seen him beforehand. Neither driver saw him til last second and you can only barely be avoided by cars driving straight in your direction so many times before one doesn's see you in time and something horrible happens.

Condolences to the family as I know it's gotta be tough to see a son so yound die in such a horrible way.

This is totally true. Used to work on Sprint cars myself. When you sit in one you cant see sh#t especially with a helmet on. Basically unless its directly in front of you you're not gonna see it.

Sorry, it doesn't confirm anything you said earlier. It doesn't confirm a thing at all, actually. It remains speculation, which is all any of this is. And of course, the "apparent engine revving with him having seen him beforehand" is not what you posted before. That last added bit changes your statement quite a lot, doesn't it? It seems idiotic to always assume this sort of thing confirms anything.

See what I did there?