Armstrong dinged up at practice

Are we trying to pretend the team will tackle poorly during the season if they are not allowed to practice tackling our own QB's? Okay...derp derp....'cause there's just nobody else on this roster to hit is there? Oh, or are we saying our QB's won't be used to getting hit in the season if they aren't hit in practice. Yes, because they've only been playing football their whole lives. They've never been hit before.

And we only led the nation in fumbles for 3 yrs. Miss tackles, get off sides etc..... Unsure if I would use this argument for NU the past few years. We have sorely been lacking in fundamentals, technique and basic football skills.

You play how you practice. IIRC, last year we complained about the D just "wrapping up" and not taking people to the ground. Not advocating our guys getting hurt at all, but Jason Peter said that the beat the hell out of each other in practice and games were easy.

all that because we didnt hit our qb's enough in practice? who knew

i think your taking this all wrong and running with it. There are other guys on the team to work on tackling with. we have one qb on this team with any game experience....maybe we ought not beat the piss out of him. Pretty basic concept really.

Also, Taylor Martinez fumbled the ball alot bud....that's not Tommy's fault.

I was commenting on the "playing football their whole life". The team has been plagued by mistakes for several years that at times looked like it was their first time playing the game.

Martinez did fumble a lot. Duh. Led the nation 3 yrs running. TA threw what 8 int's last year? We do not look like a team that has the "basics' down.

Would you feel better if they tackled Bell, AA, Cross, or some scout teamer with little ability to duplicate a player they might actually face?

TA got dinged. How bad? Knocked out? Concussion? Wind knocked out? No one knows how bad he got dinged.

It's a contact sport. We are damned if we do or don't.

Are we trying to pretend the team will tackle poorly during the season if they are not allowed to practice tackling our own QB's? Okay...derp derp....'cause there's just nobody else on this roster to hit is there? Oh, or are we saying our QB's won't be used to getting hit in the season if they aren't hit in practice. Yes, because they've only been playing football their whole lives. They've never been hit before.

And we only led the nation in fumbles for 3 yrs. Miss tackles, get off sides etc..... Unsure if I would use this argument for NU the past few years. We have sorely been lacking in fundamentals, technique and basic football skills.

You play how you practice. IIRC, last year we complained about the D just "wrapping up" and not taking people to the ground. Not advocating our guys getting hurt at all, but Jason Peter said that the beat the hell out of each other in practice and games were easy.

i think your taking this all wrong and running with it. There are other guys on the team to work on tackling with. we have one qb on this team with any game experience....maybe we ought not beat the piss out of him. Pretty basic concept really.

I was commenting on the "playing football their whole life". The team has been plagued by mistakes for several years that at times looked like it was their first time playing the game.

Martinez did fumble a lot. Duh. Led the nation 3 yrs running. TA threw what 8 int's last year? We do not look like a team that has the "basics' down.

Would you feel better if they tackled Bell, AA, Cross, or some scout teamer with little ability to duplicate a player they might actually face?

TA got dinged. How bad? Knocked out? Concussion? Wind knocked out? No one knows how bad he got dinged.

We disagree man, that's all. Duh.

I didn't say stop tackling in practice. I said stop hitting the qbs. You can spin it how you want but I guarantee you if we found out tomorrow that Tommy was lost for the season due to a defensive player accidentally hitting him in the knees, or whatever the scenario, this place would go ballistic.

I don't know how bad he got dinged up or hurt. Sounds like he was just hurt. I'm glad that's all it was. Still, IMO, the risk of losing your only qb with game experience far outweighs the reward of him knowing how it feels to get hit, or other guys knowing how it feels to hit him as ridiculous as that sounds.

We disagree man, that's all. Duh.

I didn't say stop tackling in practice. I said stop hitting the qbs. You can spin it how you want but I guarantee you if we found out tomorrow that Tommy was lost for the season due to a defensive player accidentally hitting him in the knees, or whatever the scenario, this place would go ballistic.

I don't know how bad he got dinged up or hurt. Sounds like he was just hurt. I'm glad that's all it was. Still, IMO, the risk of losing your only qb with game experience far outweighs the reward of him knowing how it feels to get hit, or other guys knowing how it feels to hit him as ridiculous as that sounds.

No worries. I am still ticked about the loss of Cjax, Leroy and Rose no doubt. If TA was out, I'd be complaining as well.

Bo said "he'll be fine after getting dinged"

Hence, by monday night, tommys out for the year too. Just basing it off factual ecidence from the past.

Yea, the last thing we want to hear is that he is 'day to day', meaning.....he'll be out from this day August 11, 2014 to day August 11, 2015.

• Fire 1

I have known coaches that have physical non-stop hitting, all practice, every practice and even in pre-game. Some do great and some suck

I have known coaches that do almost zero hitting all year. Some do great and some suck.

There is no secret formula that works for every team, player and coach.

• Fire 4

I have known coaches that have physical non-stop hitting, all practice, every practice and even in pre-game. Some do great and some suck

I have known coaches that do almost zero hitting all year. Some do great and some suck.

There is no secret formula that works for every team, player and coach.

+1.

Armstrong was in a no-contact, green jersey for the morning practice. This could just be precautionary sine he had concussion-like symptoms last week.

No! No! No! Hit him! Beat the snot out of him! If we don't beat the hell out of him how will we tackle during the season......? The fumbling issues...oh dear Lord!? Tommy has to be used to getting beat up, that way he's good and sore when the season starts. And what would Nebraska football be without a gimpy Quarterback. I hate to break the trend of having an injured QB out there all season every year. This disappoints me. Green jerseys are for Quarterbacks on teams that dont have a lot of experienced depth on the roster. We have TONS of guys at the position who are absolutely ready to step in and win. Green jerseys are for wusses.

Sorry, I had to.