ESPN's "experts" pick conference winners, the final four and the national champion

I know some folks trust coaches more than media, but they usually line up pretty tight.

Here's last year's preseason and postseason Coaches Poll next to each other.

Everybody gets something really wrong every year. That's what makes it fun:

Hmm. No idea why this image iisn't attaching.

Anyway....three of the preseason Top 15 ended the season unranked.

Michigan State was #35 in the preseason. Baylor was #36. And Auburn didn't receive a single vote.

The Michigan State love affair is adorable.

I am not saying they wont be good, but i just think people are over hyping the loss of braxton miller.

I disagree.

Ohio St lost their 2 best defenders. Their workload RB. And they have a pretty young and inexperienced Oline. It was set up well that a phenomenal talent and 4th year starter in Miller could carry the load so to speak until the younger guys at those key position came along. Now theyre stickin a freshman in that spot. Mark it. At the end of the year, we'll be able to blame 2 of Ohio st's losses (if theyre more) to the loss of Braxton Miller. I believe his presence is worth 21 points a game. Hence, Michigan St's road just got quite a bit easier.

I'm interested in who you think OSU is going to lose to. Right now, they only have MSU as a ranked opponent. I can't find the article now but I saw a ranking of schedules and they were something like 9th or 10th in toughest.

Michigan IMO is going to be much better than they were last year, that could be a loss. As you said MSU could win. Don't snooze on VaTech, Beamer will have them playing well. He made a mistake in hanging his hat on that TE turned QB. He'll get back to playing Beamer ball this year.

The Michigan State love affair is adorable.

I am not saying they wont be good, but i just think people are over hyping the loss of braxton miller.

I disagree.

Ohio St lost their 2 best defenders. Their workload RB. And they have a pretty young and inexperienced Oline. It was set up well that a phenomenal talent and 4th year starter in Miller could carry the load so to speak until the younger guys at those key position came along. Now theyre stickin a freshman in that spot. Mark it. At the end of the year, we'll be able to blame 2 of Ohio st's losses (if theyre more) to the loss of Braxton Miller. I believe his presence is worth 21 points a game. Hence, Michigan St's road just got quite a bit easier.

I really hope you are right. They do have Urban Legend as commander.

I really hope you are right. They do have Urban Legend as commander.

And his record the one year he didnt have a world beater, workhorse, dual-threat talent at qb but still awesome talent at every other position?

Hmm.

AP Top 25

#4 Oklahoma beat Alabama so they HAVE to be good. Wk 3 vs. Tennessee

Baylor thrown in at #10 although they killed Oklahoma looking to replace only Lache Seastrunk and have Bryce Petty.

#20 Kansas St didn't beat a team in the Big 12 with a winning record. Biggest win is bowl game against Michigan (they are in the B1G so they obviously suck). Play Auburn week 3.

Unranked Texas (Huh? They are always overrated) went 7-2 in the Big 12 have a new coach with good track record who also beat Oklahoma last year (See above.) Play UCLA week 3.

#14 Wisconsin lost the entire front 7 and 63.7 percent of their receiving yards in two players. Play LSU Week 1.

#22 Nebraska is considered to be more talented (with the self plaguing issues noted) and an on par team, only with a more difficult conference schedule. Play Miami (FL) week 3.

I am not saying conspiracy, but...I was just leafing through schedules.

:dunno

Mike and Mike this morning.

Greenberg picks Bama to be in and to win it all. No problem with that. I understand it completely. But in his reasoning, I just completely laughed out loud. He goes onto explain how when that Auburn DB was crossing the goal line on the missed fg return, you can guarantee that what was going through Saban's head was that he was never EVER going to lose another game again. The funny nugget is what Greeny said next. "Nevermind the following Sugar Bowl becuase that game became completely meaningless". LOL. The excuses. It's just hilarious.

Maybe we dont want an SEC to travel up north to play a noncon game late in the year. Could you imagine a Bama or Georgia playing at Ohio St or Michigan in November and actually losing? The propoganda and excuses. "well on a nuetral field this and they couldnt throw the ball that..."

• Fire 2

Greenberg picks Bama to be in and to win it all. No problem with that. I understand it completely. But in his reasoning, I just completely laughed out loud. He goes onto explain how when that Auburn DB was crossing the goal line on the missed fg return, you can guarantee that what was going through Saban's head was that he was never EVER going to lose another game again. The funny nugget is what Greeny said next. "Nevermind the following Sugar Bowl becuase that game became completely meaningless". LOL. The excuses. It's just hilarious.

Maybe we dont want an SEC to travel up north to play a noncon game late in the year. Could you imagine a Bama or Georgia playing at Ohio St or Michigan in November and actually losing? The propoganda and excuses. "well on a nuetral field this and they couldnt throw the ball that..."

The Gumps don't even know who they are going to have start at QB and yet people are writing them in as possible champs. The one thing they do have going for them is that they have the easiest schedule is the $EC this year and I am sure by midseason, everyone in their division will be ranked just to help the sister humpers out, so all the media people don't look like freaking idiots with their guesses.

The Gumps don't even know who they are going to have start at QB and yet people are writing them in as possible champs. The one thing they do have going for them is that they have the easiest schedule is the $EC this year and I am sure by midseason, everyone in their division will be ranked just to help the sister humpers out, so all the media people don't look like freaking idiots with their guesses.
Alabama didnt play anyone, but Auburn last year either. Look how that worked out.

Alabama didnt play anyone, but Auburn last year either. Look how that worked out.

But, but, but, the SEC is so difficult.....

Indiana beats Ohilo State this year. Boom roasted the Buckeyes.

That's not your daddies Indiana team. Their offense is pretty damn good.

But whne they score 56, can they hold anyone to 55?
Yes. Their record won't show how good a team they are this year. I think they go 7-5 or 8-4 with a major upset along the way. Mark it.

B1G predictions: records and standings

Brian Bennett picked us 3rd in the West at 9-3 (5-3)

Josh Moyer picked us to win the West at 10-2 (7-1)

Rittenberg picked the same as Bennett

Mitch Sherman picked us 3rd in the West at 8-4 (5-3)

Austin Ward picked us 2nd in the West at 10-2 (6-2)

Why is everyone so high on Wisconsin? They haven't had a consistent QB since Wilson, and this year they are replacing their FRONT SEVEN on defense. Anyone remember what it was like breaking in our d-line and linebackers last year?

Is anyone that high on anyone in the Big 10? Nobody looks that dominant, and the second tier teams all look capable of spoiling the first tier's season.

I guess i'm referring to the BTN personalities, and those that are picking who will win the Big Ten East and West. They all seem to think Wisconsin will win the West, but never mention the fact that they are replacing their front seven, and if they do, they gloss over it like it's no big deal.