Our Division is going to prevent us from ever being in the playoffs

Wisconsin goes and almost beats LSU. They say it was a must win for them because their schedule is so weak. I am going to say this now: Our division is going to cost us from ever making the playoffs. Wisconsin basically has the same schedule as us each year (with exception of what games we play from the other division). If their schedule is too weak ours is too.

Wisconsin goes and almost beats LSU. They say it was a must win for them because their schedule is so weak. I am going to say this now: Our division is going to cost us from ever making the playoffs. Wisconsin basically has the same schedule as us each year (with exception of what games we play from the other division). If their schedule is too weak ours is too.

Ya if there are 4 other conference champs that are undefeated, then maybe.

Wasting a lot of energy worrying about something like this.

No it is not. We play a strong out of conference game each year for the next like 8 years. And the chances of making the playoffs by going undefeated in an average division are greater than making the playoffs in a slightly above average division (B1G East). The weak divisions helps us make the playoffs, it won't help us win the playoff because we might not be tested as some other teams playing against the same competition. Plus our final game before playoff selection will almost always be against a top 5-10 team vs. OSU, PSU, or MSU.

What will hurt us more than anything is the OOC schedule. But I think we will correct that. You are seeing major games being played now. Some with two or three tough opponents in line in the future. The OOC is where we can make up for the slightly weaker schedule. But you see Florida State in the NC game and favored for this years at this time. Their conference is somewhat weaker than ours I would guess.

Win the games, at the end of the season, if we are undefeated, we will get in. The key is winning the games. We have accomplished nothing at this point. We were supposed to beat FAU just like we did. We do the same thing to Miami, a step will be taken. Thank god we can give the Fresno State fear a little break I hope.

We have a good enough schedule to make the playoffs, my guess every year, but Nebraska will work harder and a more impressive out of conference schedule in the years to come.

If we're undefeated, we go to the playoffs. Unless the highly, highly unlikely event of 4 other major conference teams being undefeated occurs. It's so unlikely it's not worth fretting about. The only teams that should be worrying about not going if undefeated are the ones in the non major conferences.

I'd like to point out that the only thing we've accomplished this year is beating FAU. let's not start talking playoffs

We can talk about a 3-peat of we want. We're fans, not players/coaches.

Go undefeated and we're in. There will not be 4 undefeated teams from major conferences. There never is. If anyone watched the full slate of SEC games its pretty apparent that they will all beat up on each other and I doubt one of them will be undefeated butt will obviously get 1 in. Oklahoma could run the table and get in, but if they lose 1 it will be tough to make it since they don't have a CCG. FSU regardless of looking not as sharp will tear through the ACC. Oregon would be my guess to come out of the Pac 12 but they could also beat up on each other. An undefeated B1G would make it in no question.

There's a LOT of overreaction going on in this post. If Nebraska wins the Big Ten, they stand a very good chance of being in the playoffs. I wouldn't worry much.