This is why you never, ever, ever let up

knapplc

This is exactly what so many people are saying. Fragile psyche, no fire, whatever you want to call it. We didn't have it today, we haven't had it for a long time, FAU excluded.

We seemed alright until that 95 yard pick six. Then it was like the Huskers let up while McNeese brought more fire. It was almost like the team felt the Huskers had scored and taken control instead of what happened. Weird change of momentum.

I was astounded at the fourth quarter, how they kept whipping our Offensive Line. Case in point. They drive 83 yards and score, just into the 4th quarter. It's now a three-point game, and you need to move the ball.

First play, our O Line blocks NOBODY and Ameer has a two-yard loss. The Huskers go three-and-out, and we punt.

Where was the fire, or the pride, or the attitude that we could move the ball on this team? The O Line seemed to be going through motions, not focused on THIS game, THIS opponent.

I don't think today was a case of fragile psyche.

More of a careless approach, and a stunning inability to decisively win at the trenches on offense. All this resulted in near disaster that required top efforts from the defense with their late game stops, and the offense with some late game heroics. Thankfully, they found ways to make it work in the end, in spite of the penalties.

You let a team like McNeese St. hang around, they'll give you all they're worth.

I was astounded at the fourth quarter, how they kept whipping our Offensive Line. Case in point. They drive 83 yards and score, just into the 4th quarter. It's now a three-point game, and you need to move the ball.

First play, our O Line blocks NOBODY and Ameer has a two-yard loss. The Huskers go three-and-out, and we punt.

Where was the fire, or the pride, or the attitude that we could move the ball on this team? The O Line seemed to be going through motions, not focused on THIS game, THIS opponent.

I was really afraid McNeese would punch it in when they only got the FG. Not sure we would have won if the game had gone to overtime either. We were practically dead in the water when Ameer pulled it out with help from the downfield blocking.

I get what you are trying to say but playing on emotion can only take you so far. When its going good, its really good, all it takes is one play/penalty/injury and things start to change. That is a big reason why momentum is so important in a college level game. Teams that play with a quiet confidence, take as much of their emotion out of it can better cope and regroup when things go wrong..

• Fire 1

I don't think today was a case of fragile psyche.

More of a careless approach, and a stunning inability to decisively win at the trenches on offense. All this resulted in near disaster that required top efforts from the defense with their late game stops, and the offense with some late game heroics. Thankfully, they found ways to make it work in the end, in spite of the penalties.

You let a team like McNeese St. hang around, they'll give you all they're worth.

But why were they careless? IMO it's a psychological issue. This team always plays down to their opponent.

That's kinda Bo's "thing." It's a characteristic of his teams that they'll be careless with a bad team and then come back and say, "Man, we shouldn't have taken them lightly."

I don't like it. I think the team should go out there and show their class every single game, and that's how you build a winning culture.

The coaches must treat today as an abject failure and re-evaluate how they do things, in my opinion. But that's separate from a team that can't respond if it gets hit in the mouth. I think this team is mentally tough and not lacking for leadership. I suppose maybe we're splitting hairs or mixing terminology at this point.

The penalty for roughing the punter against Michigan.

The 3 INT's in a row, IIRC correctly, against Wisky.

The hail Mary against Carolina.

AA fumble against UGA part 1.

The INT return to day.

NU doesn't and hasn't responded well when kicked in the junk or as Raymond said after Carolina "get punched in the mouth". NU won today and barely, because McNeese was an FCS school. If they had slightly better talent or depth, today, IMO, would have been a L. We escaped. We didn't win.

I have no idea how to instill the killer attitude in teams. I guess people either have it or don't. We need it. Need to recruit it. need to teach it and bench the guys who don't have it.

Bo commenting "we should have and didn't stomp on their throat today tells me that idea is an after thought or secondary to his coaching style. He needs to make it a priority. It starts and ends with Bo and the staff. They used the SEALS as roll models. Well, it pays to be a winner. It's not a slogan or a catchy phrase. It's a mind set, a mantra and a code............

I dont think we had it against fau either knapp. Theyre just that bad. Mcneese is a premier fcs program. And like other premier fcs programs, are better than 30% of the fbs programs. Hence you better put your hard hat on and be prepared to work for 4 quarters. Coaches and players alike. We do that and we takecare of business. Wedont and well.....