Bo defenders, sound off here.

papersun87

Check back at the end of the year. We won, and as for how good/bad the signs are, I can understand people worrying. It's just we won't know until we see how this team does against Miami, Michigan St., etc.

Personally, I don't feel this game or any early season cupcake opponent is much of an indicator.

The team's biggest failure today was not putting up the crowd-pleasing rout they should have. All the work that goes into building the team towards performing vs the top schools, that's yet to be done and this would have been true regardless of result. There's a lot of chapters left to be written on this team.

I agree. Winning 59-0 or 31-24 like we did today doesn't indicate anything towards the future games. We've seen us rout opponents in non conference only to get blown out during the year. The season is still young, and there's a lot left. We don't feel good about our chances today, and probably won't regardless of the MOV (if) against Fresno.

Beck is terrible at recognizing when the momentum has shifted and how to get it back. 3 or 4 of those drives were the same series of plays.

Offense's TOP for each drive in the second half: 2:13, 1:07, 2:22, 0:54, 0:53, 1:41, 0:54. Roughly 10 minutes of TOP in the 2nd half, that is unacceptable, especially when the defense is out there for 5-6 minutes.

Think back to 2010, when we had a very poor showing against SDSU (another FCS team, right?)

That season wasn't lost that day, nor did it even show much. Because we turned it on with successive huge wins against very quality competition: Oklahoma State, Missouri.

That season was lost against Texas A&M in a week that was indefensible on so many levels, in and out of the game. And it still could have been an 11-win season but for the continued, inexcusable slide through the bowl game.

So yeah, that could play out again this year. Or we could finish strong.

Think back to 2010, when we had a very poor showing against SDSU (another FCS team, right?)

That season wasn't lost that day, nor did it even show much. Because we turned it on with successive huge wins against very quality competition: Oklahoma State, Missouri.

That season was lost against Texas A&M in a week that was indefensible on so many levels, in and out of the game. And it still could have been an 11-win season but for the continued, inexcusable slide through the bowl game.

So yeah, that could play out again this year. Or we could finish strong.

I prefer we finish strong and win out.

I would also love to hear it. I would love to know how surviving McNeese is considered trending upward. I don't care how many transfers they had. WE...ARE..NEBRASKA! We aren't just supposed to win these games, We are supposed to DUMPSTER teams like that.

I thought dumpster was a noun. Not a verb. I don't know how to "dumpster" something.

Beck and Bo showed us how to dumpster (verb) something today. Pay attention.

Bo is the captain of the ship. Its his duty to hire a competent crew. He hasn't. Now what?

Apparently if we aren't willing to personally buy out his contract we can't say such things. Shame on you.

Haha! Nice shot.

Seriously though. Do you seriously feel so entitled to this thing that you can demand such things without doing something to force a movement? Man, the kind of character it takes to kick and scream like a child to get what you want.

Now give me a warning.

I've been wanting to see OC and DC changes for a long while now. At this point, if Bo isn't willing to do that once this season is over, then he might as well go, too. Even getting rid of one of our coordinators and bringing in outside help would be a decent start. And I'd rather see Beck go first, if I had to make a choice.

At least overreaction is alive and well.

It's one game fellas - and we managed to pull out the win. Am I frustrated with the performance? Of course. Was the right focus and effort out there? No. Could this be indicative of the Huskers playing poorly going forward? Sure, but we won't know until we play those games. Games like this happen, and the Huskers might actually benefit from watching this film.

if this was the first time we had such a game under Bo I'd agree with you.

but this is year seven. and Bo's teams do this multiple times per year.

If you look back through Osborne and Solich years, Huskers usually struggled due to focus in at least one game each year. Same for teams all across the country this season. So I'm not sure it means all that much.

• Fire 2

Bo is the captain of the ship. Its his duty to hire a competent crew. He hasn't. Now what?

Apparently if we aren't willing to personally buy out his contract we can't say such things. Shame on you.

Haha! Nice shot.

Seriously though. Do you seriously feel so entitled to this thing that you can demand such things without doing something to force a movement? Man, the kind of character it takes to kick and scream like a child to get what you want.

Now give me a warning.

It has nothing to do with me being entitled to anything. I like Nebraska football and I want to see it succeed. I no longer believe Bo and Co. is or will move the program in the right direction. That's all there is to it. It is a piss poor brand of football and has been for some time. So shoot me.