Bo defenders, sound off here.

papersun87

Same argument I heard for years about Watson and look at his stellar head coaching career so far...

Watson is a very well regarded QBs coach. Tom Osborne was adamant about keeping him, and Nick Saban wanted to take him from us. He ended up at Louisville and his QB there is now a 1st round NFL draft pick. Charlie Strong wanted him to be OC at Texas and he'd probably have the full title but for some Longhorn politics...

Anyway, fans are pretty nuts about how they judge OCs. It's true everywhere. Saw saunders mention tonight that they want to run Scott Frost out of town in Oregon. Playcalling is the elusive art that everyone knows about.

Same argument I heard for years about Watson and look at his stellar head coaching career so far...

Watson is a very well regarded QBs coach. Tom Osborne was adamant about keeping him, and Nick Saban wanted to take him from us. He ended up at Louisville and his QB there is now a 1st round NFL draft pick. Charlie Strong wanted him to be OC at Texas and he'd probably have the full title but for some Longhorn politics...Anyway, fans are pretty nuts about how they judge OCs. It's true everywhere. Saw saunders mention tonight that they want to run Scott Frost out of town in Oregon. Playcalling is the elusive art that everyone knows about.

He is a good QB coach, he is not a good OC nor will he ever be a BCS head coach. That would be why I referenced HEAD coach. Those jobs don't go to people that go down the coaching ladder.

OC Nebraska

QB coach co-OC Louisville

QB coach only Texas

Everything else, I agree. How people judge play callers is interesting.

Just seems like it's the same story, different year.

Every summer I hear about how great the team has looked at practice, how intense they have been, etc... then the season starts and the team struggles against an inferior opponent. McNeese, Wyoming, Fresno St., SDSU... the list goes on. The schedule is so soft that Bo is essentially guaranteed 9 wins, and the trend of mediocrity continues. I think it's about time that Nebraska fans look at themselves in the mirror and ask, "Is this really the best we can get?" I have no doubt that next up will be some blowout losses to conference opponents, in which 50+ points is given up...

We won. I'm happy. We're 2-0 and that's what matters most for everybody.

I'm willing to give Bo the year. We need to see if he can finally put up results. There's no excuse that will do it for me this year. No QB drama. We've got a clear cut number one. Injuries? Nope. If we can lose our four year starter quarterback last year and manage 9-4, there's no injury to anyone that should be able to derail our season quite like that one did last year. And with the B1G decidedly in a down year, there's absolutely no reason we can't win it this year.

I'll gladly cheer Bo on given that we keep winning. But unless we win our conference and go to a major bowl this year-- BCS or better-- I'm done. He'd have been gifted the Big 10 two years in that scenario, with the year OSU was ineligible and we played a 7-5 Wiscy team in the championship game the other. We all saw how that worked out. If he can't get it done this year, I think the guy should pack it up and try somewhere else. I'd support him wherever he goes too... I like the guy, like his personality, I just think if that's how it goes down he isn't ever gonna get it done here.

Watson is a very well regarded QBs coach. Tom Osborne was adamant about keeping him, and Nick Saban wanted to take him from us. He ended up at Louisville and his QB there is now a 1st round NFL draft pick. Charlie Strong wanted him to be OC at Texas and he'd probably have the full title but for some Longhorn politics...Anyway, fans are pretty nuts about how they judge OCs. It's true everywhere. Saw saunders mention tonight that they want to run Scott Frost out of town in Oregon. Playcalling is the elusive art that everyone knows about.

He is a good QB coach, he is not a good OC nor will he ever be a BCS head coach. That would be why I referenced HEAD coach. Those jobs don't go to people that go down the coaching ladder.

OC Nebraska

QB coach co-OC Louisville

QB coach only Texas

Everything else, I agree. How people judge play callers is interesting.

Watson is also the Co-OC at Texas and is the one calling plays.

Mean while Utah is blowing put Fresno 31-7 at the 1/2.

That will only be meaningful if Huskers don't pound Fresno.

Something to consider is that McNeese St might actually be better than FAU or Fresno. Or a lot of 1-A teams. We just don't know.

North Dakota State destroyed Iowa State at Ames. And Jackrabbits was pretty much equal in total yards against powerful SEC team (Mizzery), in fact 21 to 18 score midway thru the 3rd quarter. The back breakers was 100 yards kickoff return.