*** The Official Fresno State Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

IV bags need to be free-flowing in the locker room during half time...

You sure you can handle this game Army Boy?
Shoot...I live in Barstow, CA. This heat is enough to make any man want a hydrating IV bag 24/7.

Your heat is nothing compared to our 85 heat with 90% humidity.

2nd Quarter Impressions:

• First two scoring drives were obviously huge. The Ameer Abudallah run was nothing fancy. We just lined up in Pistol Ace formation with a 2 tight end balanced line, and ran a simple zone blocking run for Ameer to find the hole. This is the kind of formations and plays Nebraska needs to get back to running on a more consistent basis.
  • Pierson-El is only going to get better folks as our special teams returner. The young man just gets it.
  • David Santos' bat of the Fresno State punt is literally the most bewildering boneheaded play I have seen from any football player in a long time. I really have no clue what he was thinking.
  • This "Red Storm" offense still has no identifiable identity to it. Instead of it looking like Nebraska is trying to either impose our will or set the defense up for a play-action pass, instead our offense still looks like we are just grasping at straws. This kind of offensive philosophy and play-calling won't hurt us today, but come conference games it could in a big way.
  • The defense starting opening up the playbook tonight, and it has showed. I still wish our D-Line would be turned loose more to make plays on their own instead of trying to set everything up for the linebackers. Too often our D-Line looks like it is just playing patty-cake with the opponent's offensive line.
  • Overall it's been an up and down game, but you cannot complain too much about being up 27-5 at halftime.

We have to break tendencies, Beck said. If we line up on first down and we run the football, and were 91 percent run on first down guess what? The whole team and everyone in the stadiums going to know youre going to run on first down. Theyre going to probably play some kind of defense thats going to stop your run game.

This is his philosophy. Plain stupid. Use your talent

Wrong. That's actually smart. It's frustrating but, you have to break tendencies. It's the sole purpose of scouting yourself.

Everyone knew what Tom Osborne was going to do. His mentality....try and stop it

Different era, different players, different mentality among kids that age. Not lining up men among boys like we used to. I mean if you really think we can do that, more power to ya.