Roach

Sker4Ever

when it's obvious he isn't performing in practice due to depth chart.

Then how about Banderas can be the starter during practice and Roach can be the starter during games...when it's obvious that Roach is better during an actual game.

Don't make me repeat myself in making this point.

While Bando certainly did have a good camp I think it's more about Bando's high potential. Roach isn't as athletic. But he does have a better grasp of the system to where he plays as about as fast as Banderas, while having a nose for the ball and tackling much better. I think you have to give Roach his shot as starter, giving Bando reps where you can.

IIRC, Barrett Ruud (Never mentioned as fast) played fast as he had a great understanding of pursuit angles, ability to read the play and diagnosis it quickly being where he needed to be when he needed to be.

There is an acronym that would serve Bando well:

O- Observe

O- Orient

D-Decide

A-Act

If he can do this faster than his opponent, even if "slower" in real speed he can be there the vast majority of time. If he is "slower" to observe, he is already a step or 2 behind. He needs to learn (be taught if capable) had to read (orient) much faster than he currently is. If he can not do this, he is a liability.

I keep forgetting about santos and thats not right. After that int it seemed like the light came on. He played ppssesed and fast. Really came into his own.

I also thought watching it a few more times that Sterrup had his coming out party in the midst of a dominating oline performance. Awesome job by my hometown guy (my wife taught him subbing at his high school and her sister was in his class). It pleases me.

Santos had his best game of the season, but after the 1st quarter I didn't think I'd be saying that. He really struggles covering that cross route. Bo needs to help him w/ the safety or something. Eventually they're going to expose our LBers either with a TE or running some cross route all night long.

I keep forgetting about santos and thats not right. After that int it seemed like the light came on. He played ppssesed and fast. Really came into his own.

I also thought watching it a few more times that Sterrup had his coming out party in the midst of a dominating oline performance. Awesome job by my hometown guy (my wife taught him subbing at his high school and her sister was in his class). It pleases me.

Santos had his best game of the season, but after the 1st quarter I didn't think I'd be saying that. He really struggles covering that cross route. Bo needs to help him w/ the safety or something. Eventually they're going to expose our LBers either with a TE or running some cross route all night long.

Note the adjust for the second half though. We went from our match zone to a full blown zone coverage. Took away their ability to pick and rub, and forced a true freshman to find windows as opposed to just layin out for guys runnin across free off a rub. I thought it was a great adjustment and it was obvious to me.

Note the adjust for the second half though. We went from our match zone to a full blown zone coverage. Took away their ability to pick and rub, and forced a true freshman to find windows as opposed to just layin out for guys runnin across free off a rub. I thought it was a great adjustment and it was obvious to me.

Back in his first stint here Bo did quite a bit of zone. I liked finally seeing it back on Saturday. It's about time Bo was more realistic about what his LB's can do, especially when as you said they have to deal with the picks/rubs. Lavonte was a sideline-to-sideline guy that can cover good backs across the middle, we don't have a Lavonte right now. It was obvious Kayaa wasn't ready for it and it made a difference.