Illinois next week

Gah...another night game? What time do we play MSU? This week should be a let down game with MSU up next. We should be able to take care of business and get the defense back on track though.

Our next 3 games are night games.

Remember when people used to complain that we weren't getting the prime-time games and wouldn't until we "deserved" it..........

• Fire 1

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/mckewon-nebraska-blended-controlled-fury-with-smart-plan/article_9bb5d0c8-a344-583d-b0a8-70eb17e86e7e.html?mode=jqm

82-46: The margin by which Illinois has been outscored in the first halves of its first four games. The Illini’s only halftime lead thus far was a 7-6 cushion over Youngstown State. Illinois quarterback Wes Lunt has been terrible in the first quarter — a 51.4 percent completion rate and 4.65 yards per attempt — but nails in the fourth quarter, where he’s completed 82.4 percent of his passes for 11.4 yards per attempt.

Don't let them hang around in the second half.

Ive seen Illinois several times and its not pretty. Having 4th quarter deficits but eventually winning against the mighty 1-AA Youngstown St, Western Kentucky and Texas State. I live in the same town as where Illinois starting QB Wes Lunt went to HS. Had about 30 offers and ended up starting several games at Oklahoma St as a true freshman before transferring. There is some talent on this team but this shouldnt be close unless Nebraska decides to play like they did against McNeese St. Last week we rediscovered our idenity in running the ball. I would argue from a talent perspective Miami may be the most talented team we see through the regular season schedule. There not the most well coached team but they may be one of the most talented. If we struggle against Illinois it will be our own undoing and not Illinois. I think we roll but I have thought that before in these type of games.

Side note: We have given up 3 Tds in 4 games on the opening drive. I was curious what others thought? Scripted plays against a base defense is what I think but we need to get this figured out before Sparty. GBR!

this is going to be a 63-0 game that has us feeling great going into MSU. then the truth will come out. good or bad.

I would not be surprised at all if you score 63 on my Illini, but am a little skeptical your defense can get the 0.

that is fair. and i should warn you, nebraska likes to let teams score on opening drives.