DE Christian Bell [Alabama Commit]

Mavric

I don't think you can find me saying this about a football recruit on this site. But, this would be huge. This kid is 4 star on two sites and extremely close to the same on 247. I know that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but when he is an Alabama commit, that makes it a big deal. This isn't some low three star that Alabama just sort of wants. This kid is a 4 star and was recruited and committed to the program that everyone falls on their knees and worships right now in the recruiting world.

This would send a clear message that Nebraska is improving in the minds of top recruits.

This isn't a "must get" for this class. But, if we do get him, it sends a pretty good message.

• Fire 1

Before the visit, what are our chances Mavric? I'm sure he will come away impressed with the facilities, family atmosphere, alternate unis, and beatdown of an inferior opponent. Yet I want to know if this a legitimate possibility.

You would have a better chance at sexing up Kate Upton...

I have no idea. I would think it would be tough to get a guy already committed to the current yearly powerhouse who lives in their backyard to go anywhere else. Of course, I have no idea what would cause him to take a visit here either.

The best (wild ass) guess is that he doesn't like the looks of their depth chart. Their three deep currently has two juniors (a JUCO and a four-star), three sophomores (a five-star and two four-stars including the #2 and #7 DEs in that class) and a freshman (the #1 overall player last year) plus they have another four-star freshman (#5 DE) who isn't on the three deep. They also currently have three DEs committed for 2015 (counting Bell). Might be thinking he's got quite a battle for playing time and is looking for somewhere where he can contribute sooner.

• Fire 2

Okay that's kinda what I was figuring. You gotta assume that depth and immediate playing time would be important to a player of his caliber. And a place like Nebraska that could use that instant impact could really showcase that. Obviously it's still a long shot but this makes me feel better he has clear interest enough to make the trip.

Callahan said on BRW that he reached out to NU. So there must be high interest.

Seriously? Thats awesome! Id say Mav is on the money. Afraid of getting buried on the depth chart and must like what we do. Even if this isnt meant to be the fact he had interest in us just tells me Nebraska is about to become a household name again.

Sean Callahan stated that he reached out to NU for an official visit. I think Marvic is probably correct, he is looking at Alabama depth chart and is seeing it is a very big hill to climb.

If his wt is correct he is a little bit of a project. He will need to add some wt to play at Alabama or Nebraska for that matter.