B1G vs. SEC

Creed

Wonder how the polls would look today if Kansas State's kicker didn't miss a billion FGs and the other red zone errors that allowed Auburn to squeak by? Miss State beats Auburn and leap frogs to #1; Auburn only falls 4 spots to #6. If other conferences don't start beating SEC teams in the few marquee non-conference games they play, SEC teams will continue to just swap spots with each other in the top 10. Heck even Missouri and Scar are getting votes.

It's amazing how blatant it is and the NCAA doesn't give a crap as long it's their money conference.

LINK

Did he ever witness the autograph dealers in action?

"I saw it first-hand with a lot of players and talking to other guys," Garcia said. "I mean, I'm friends with a lot of the guys around the SEC and some of the stories that they tell me, it makes the Todd Gurley thing seem insignificant."

One of the radio hosts suggested that schools are pretty much daring the NCAA to do something about it. Garcia agreed.

"That's absolutely true. These guys -- the Johnny Footballs and the Jameis Winstons of the college football world -- are bringing in so much money, there's not way the NCAA is gonna screw that up for themselves."

The interview concluded with Garcia being asked if he believes there are players from all of the SEC schools getting a little extra cash on the side. He said yes, with the possible exceptions of Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

"Every other SEC team, I guarantee you some of these guys are getting some handshakes with a little cash in there."

Looking back it is crazy how much of an impact the A&M vs South Carolina game had on the polls. Would that result have the same impact if the game happened now.

AgMarauder04, your link doesn't take into account where they were ranked at the time of win or loss. That is very lazy analysis. Either way, at this point in the season, it really doesn't bother me one bit seeing all the highly ranked SEC west teams.

• Fire 5

A&M went from 20 somethin to top ten after beating what we now know is an average-at-best South Carolina team. Not to mention A&M sure hell isnt even top 25 quality at this point. Then Miss St hangs for a win at LSU, whom has turned out to be pretty mediocre, but they went from unranked to 13. Exploded to top 5 after beating A&M, and then to 1 after beating Auburn. (The Auburn win is legit however).

Please find any other teams in the history of college football that skyrocketed like A&M and Miss St did this year without numerous teams in front of them losing.

I think you should have left this where you found it.

The SEC had 5 teams ranked in the top 15 in the preseason. Kind of difficult to move up in the rankings a lot when you are already ranked high from the start.

This guy gets it.

It's amazing that others don't.

A&M went from 20 somethin to top ten after beating what we now know is an average-at-best South Carolina team. Not to mention A&M sure hell isnt even top 25 quality at this point. Then Miss St hangs for a win at LSU, whom has turned out to be pretty mediocre, but they went from unranked to 13. Exploded to top 5 after beating A&M, and then to 1 after beating Auburn. (The Auburn win is legit however).

Please find any other teams in the history of college football that skyrocketed like A&M and Miss St did this year without numerous teams in front of them losing.

I agree with what you are saying but Arizona did have a pretty significant jump after beating Oregon this year. I think they went from unranked to 13-15 range.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2014-10-06/arizona-football-makes-unprecedented-leap-ap-top-25-poll

Arizona went from 29 to 10 with 10 ranked teams above them losing. That's 9 extra spots.

MSU went from 27-14 with 3 ranked teams above them losing. 10 extra spots.

A&M went from 21-9 with 3 ranked teams above them losing. 9 extra spots.