*** The Official Illinois Fighting Illini Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

No reason to throw the ball when the other team can't stop the run. Simple as that..............don't care if it's MSU or Fresno State. We're going to run it, try and stop it! Seemed to work fine in the 90's............

And if Beck would stick to this. Give TA less reads to make (1-2) and then dump to RB we would be very hard to stop.

All I ask is for a TE coach fired and a QB coach hired.

Agreed. Looking at 5-0 record with a 31-14 lead at half. A top ten offense in the country and a Heisman contender at RB......it's time to fire coaches and hire new ones.

(ummm....derp.)

And exactly how many times do we really use our TEs and how many times do we complain that TA doesnt use his check downs and watches the reciever the whole time before he passes? Yeah, lets waste more money on TE coaches when we can have a dedicated coach for TA so he can learn even better.

No reason to throw the ball when the other team can't stop the run. Simple as that..............don't care if it's MSU or Fresno State. We're going to run it, try and stop it! Seemed to work fine in the 90's............

And if Beck would stick to this. Give TA less reads to make (1-2) and then dump to RB we would be very hard to stop.

Yes, I do agree he should have a quick check down option and hit it quick when it looks iffy...

Agreed. Looking at 5-0 record with a 31-14 lead at half. A top ten offense in the country and a Heisman contender at RB......it's time to fire coaches and hire new ones.

(ummm....derp.)

And exactly how many times do we really use our TEs and how many times do we complain that TA doesnt use his check downs and watches the reciever the whole time before he passes? Yeah, lets waste more money on TE coaches when we can have a dedicated coach for TA so he can learn even better.

I agree. Armstrong sucks. Let's fire the TE coach,

• Fire 1

(ummm....derp.)

I agree. Armstrong sucks. Let's fire the TE coach,

Bring in Bush

Piss more play calling and QB play on the last 3 plays. Beck setting Tommy up with disaster and Tommy not going through his progressions. You remember that time you threw Abdullah in the flats against McNeese. Good Grief!

TA is a PA passer. He is not a pocket, progression guy. Beck wants a Reesing so bad........ Need to continually play to TA's strengths. (go back to them)

Nope. TA is all of the above. Hes just young and learning. Hard to believe huh? Him being a sophomore and all. He's a dual threat QB, he can make all the throws......but when he makes any mistake we want to label him and his entire skill set instead of just admitting that he's young and he makes some of the same mistakes that NFL veterans make.

No it's people like you thinking he's gonna be more than he really is. He's not gonna be an elite College qb, that's ok. With our run game the next two-three years, you don't have to be Mariotta or Winston, or Braxton for that matter. As long as he keeps up his amazing ability to run and grow to be efficient with the ball and read the field well enough to consistently make teams pay for stacking the box, he'll have done what's expected of him.

You could have said the same thing abount Ameer in his sophmore to junior year. He came into this year with having fumbled 20 times in his career. He's never going to be an "elite" rb... Point is, player development is far from an exact science and Tommy's ceiling remains high.

• Fire 1

Piss more play calling and QB play on the last 3 plays. Beck setting Tommy up with disaster and Tommy not going through his progressions. You remember that time you threw Abdullah in the flats against McNeese. Good Grief!

TA is a PA passer. He is not a pocket, progression guy. Beck wants a Reesing so bad........ Need to continually play to TA's strengths. (go back to them)

Nope. TA is all of the above. Hes just young and learning. Hard to believe huh? Him being a sophomore and all. He's a dual threat QB, he can make all the throws......but when he makes any mistake we want to label him and his entire skill set instead of just admitting that he's young and he makes some of the same mistakes that NFL veterans make.

I like TA, but he has been bad this game bro. Real bad.

He's not perfect.

Yet.

He's got two more years to get there.

TA is going to kill my liver.