Michigan State Preparations

Mavric

Rain on a grass field could really hurt us as it may negate our speed advantage, but help us against their passing attack.

edit: Just realized I sound like Corso before '96 Fiesta...hahahahahahaha. Not real good on that analysis, Lee.

I guess if something is repeated enough it becomes fact. But say our guy runs a 4.4 and theirs a 4.6. It's not like rain will make both guys run a 4.6. It will slow both guys. That's why Corsos rant before the bowl game didn't come to fruition.

Rain will make it harder for linemen to gain traction. That can be a way to overcome superior talent against you or to exploit a weaker opponent. In general it leads to a lot more stalemates. We should see some grinding runs wih occasional big breaks if it does rain brought it the game.

On the grass issue, I wonder how long they'll let it grow. I remember one year at Mizzou it was so long JMitchell would've gotten lost in it.

Can we stop with the grass height. Plus, you know long grass can be an issue for DB's right? Michigan States corners are on islands. Nothing like swiveling your hips and turning your legs with fast WR's when the grass is tall.

On the grass issue, I wonder how long they'll let it grow. I remember one year at Mizzou it was so long JMitchell would've gotten lost in it.

Can we stop with the grass height. Plus, you know long grass can be an issue for DB's right? Michigan States corners are on islands. Nothing like swiveling your hips and turning your legs with fast WR's when the grass is tall.
Yea it's not like that if the grass is long that ONLY Nebraska has to deal with it. Just like the rain, both teams will be affected.

So since MSU is a pro-style, power run team, we will probably play a good amount of time in the 4-3. Who does everyone think the 3 lb's will be?

I'm guessing our top 3 will be Banderas, Roach and Zaire. That would mean that one of the MIKE would slide out though, hindering our speed.

I thought I read somewhere that NEB plans on playing a lot of Nickel against Sparty.