Michigan State Preparations

Mavric

Don't like the looks of those wraps/braces in place... hopefully they take it easy this week and are good to go Saturday. We can't have either of those guys' injuries turn into nagging season-long things...

If the weather really is as bad as some are saying Saturday, its going to have a major effect on the passing game of both teams.

Does anyone else think it may be wise for the offense to lean heavily on things like the diamond formation and that lovely jet sweep we've seen lately? If it is indeed too wet to throw, even if they sell out to stop our running attack, I think the misdirection those looks could provide could afford us some nice running lanes. It ain't easy to change direction in the mud...

I would love nothing more than to say Beck bust out the diamond formation and bust it out often.

I know he knows how lethal it can be, and I continuously wonder if our staff tries to hide their hand for games like this. We saw a good amount of it against MSU last season.

Yea I think that would be smart.

I think what we've been doing has been working great. I'd love to see us continue to do exactly what works and if need be run some small variations or some play action off our bread and butter plays.

The last thing I want to see is us break out some 'new' stuff we haven't executed all season in an attempt to 'out-cute' Michigan state. We don't need to be cute. This isn't a cute type of game. They will try to keep our offense off the field and our defense better stop them. Aside from that, I know the diamond is our fan bases big love affair, I like it too, but we've hardly ran it aside from a spotty here and there, I don't think I've seen it this year, and I sure as hell don't think this is the game we start trying new things.

• Fire 2

Don't like the looks of those wraps/braces in place... hopefully they take it easy this week and are good to go Saturday. We can't have either of those guys' injuries turn into nagging season-long things...

If the weather really is as bad as some are saying Saturday, its going to have a major effect on the passing game of both teams.

Does anyone else think it may be wise for the offense to lean heavily on things like the diamond formation and that lovely jet sweep we've seen lately? If it is indeed too wet to throw, even if they sell out to stop our running attack, I think the misdirection those looks could provide could afford us some nice running lanes. It ain't easy to change direction in the mud...

Jet sweeps is a poor mans way to stop teams from blitzing a lot...so at the very least I would think you would see the motion.

As teach said, the jet sweep motion as well ad the diamond formation are, great sets against a blitz heavy team like MSU. Personnel responsibilities for the defense are stressed by these sets slowing down the defensive players reactions at the snap. And MSU will probably be bring heat 85-90% of the game.

And the diamond has been shown this year, and has been worked on since spring ball.

As teach said, the jet sweep motion as well ad the diamond formation are, great sets against a blitz heavy team like MSU. Personnel responsibilities for the defense are stressed by these sets slowing down the defensive players reactions at the snap. And MSU will probably be bring heat 85-90% of the game.

And the diamond has been shown this year, and has been worked on since spring ball.

Whoa! A Paul Crewe sighting! I feel like I'm looking at Sam Keller's Heisman right now guys... just like, is this real life right now?

Anyway, I have a feeling the only preparation Sparty is gonna need after Saturday is...

preparation-information-H.I.C.jpg

On a muddy field with bad footing, jet sweeps aren't going to be as effective.

If footing is still good....go for it.

I was hoping they'd give a try or two to Kenny or DPE to keep em honest but mostly just use them as a deterrent to keep their defense from being too aggressive. Tommie keeping and taking off on the backside (maybe after a fake to AA) would probably be money.