Surprises for tonight . . .

Here are a few surprises I expect us to throw at MSU tonight:

1. Randy Gregory starts out lined-up for awhile at left DE. MSU's left tackle spent last off-season losing 25 pounds solely to face RG again. The right tackle hasn't done that. They'll be thrown off. Then, when RG finally switches back to right DE, he'll be totally in game mode and too much for the left tackle to cover, 25 pounds or not.

2. Ameer and Imani in the backfield at the same time. Talk about double trouble. Imani will play the role of fullback and, boy, we know he can bust it up the middle. Can't wait to see Ameer and Tommy running option to the left, while Imani takes the quick handoff and busts up the gut, while all eyes are on Ameer. Big gain coming.

3. DeMorney busting a huge return.

4. RG absolutely breaking the will of MSU's offense.

5. Bo smiling (okay, half-smiling) as the clock winds down.

1. Randy Gregory starts out lined-up for awhile at left DE. MSU's left tackle spent last off-season losing 25 pounds solely to face RG again. The right tackle hasn't done that. They'll be thrown off. Then, when RG finally switches back to right DE, he'll be totally in game mode and too much for the left tackle to cover, 25 pounds or not.

2. Ameer and Imani in the backfield at the same time. Talk about double trouble. Imani will play the role of fullback and, boy, we know he can bust it up the middle. Can't wait to see Ameer and Tommy running option to the left, while Imani takes the quick handoff and busts up the gut, while all eyes are on Ameer. Big gain coming.

I've been kind of hoping we've held some things back for this game, but it's a two sided coin. Could catch Sparty by surprise, but could backfire trying to run new things in a big game environment. Would love to have your predictions come true. Especially the last one, which would mean something good had happened for four quarters.

I've been kind of hoping we've held some things back for this game, but it's a two sided coin. Could catch Sparty by surprise, but could backfire trying to run new things in a big game environment. Would love to have your predictions come true. Especially the last one, which would mean something good had happened for four quarters.

Every year under Bo has said that as I see mistakes in the non-conference games only to think we "unleash the beast" when it matters. Then I see that the issues and vanilla were simply what we had to offer. Would love to see some mind blown like the stand up DL in 2011 IIRC against MSU.

I like the idea of moving Gregory. They scheme one way and see they've spent a week preparing for something that's not there. Mind blown.

Throw in more jumbo sets, draws and misdirection. Run it right into their DL and break their will from the onset. Their D is solid. No doubt, BUT this will be the best power team they face all year. Same with us and Cook.