We still have a chance to win the West Division

This game is bad and ugly. It's a typical occurrence a couple times a season for Pelini's teams to play this exact same game, especially the big nationally televised game. But as ugly as it is, it is not as lopsided as some others we have seen in years past.

I certainly did not expect this season to be any different than any of the previous six, and I still don't, but despite tonight's sloppy performance, we CAN still win the division and probably should still be the favorites to do so, and if we get a rematch against Sparty on a neutral field, I'd see reason for optimism. Improvements can still be made, and rematches so often tend to go the opposite way from the first game.

Tonight's performance should honestly surprise no one, but all is not lost.

Edit: I wrote this just before DPE's punt return. Still a very sloppy game, but much more fight in this team than in the typical primetime blowout. This game had all the components of so many other embarrassing losses, but I honestly can't feel too bad after this one.

• Fire 1

I think anyone not drinking the kool-aid knew this game was a very probable loss.

So, if we do lose, it'll just be on to next week.

The way we played on offense has been terrible so far, but remember, things can change in a huge way from week to week. It's already happened McNeese to Miami, and again Illinois to tonight.

People who want to jump off the bandwagon if we lose, that's their right, but please join us again at any time :)

Matt Davidson just reminded me that MSU isn't in our division. So even though we lose this game, we can still win the West Division and play in the B1G championship! All is not lose folks! We just need to get healthy (Get well soon Kenny Bell!) and get better. GBR!!

Pulled groin again. Good thing we a have bye week for him to rest. But I have feeling he will be out for 2 weeks. He looked to be in a lot of pain.

Pretty sure Tommy hurt his left leg early in the 2nd quarter, then he got hit and started limping. Got hit again on that run and the first thing he grabbed was that left leg below the knee. They can claim midsection injury, But he was definitely grabbing his lower leg.

I always thought we were jumping the gun on the playoffs thing. I mean the goal was conference championship. I just believe in taking one step at a time.

Winning the conference championship is the next step for Nebraska. Not going to the playoffs. That's like two steps ahead.

Also, I personally feel that the MSU defense is the toughest defense we will face the rest of the regular season.

Matt Davidson just reminded me that MSU isn't in our division. So even though we lose this game, we can still win the West Division and play in the B1G championship! All is not lose folks! We just need to get healthy (Get well soon Kenny Bell!) and get better. GBR!!

Sparty just showed us that we are a second tier team. Our Big 10 chances are over this year. We have had trouble in the past with Northwestern, Iowa and even Minnesota. Sparty showed the others how to really stop us and they will imitate Sparty- just a question if they have the speed. Our offensive line will not improve against good teams. We will be embarrassed again if we make it to the Big10 Championship game because the other team will be the same caliber or better than Sparty.

• Fire 1

Sparty just showed us that we are a second tier team. Our Big 10 chances are over this year. We have had trouble in the past with Northwestern, Iowa and even Minnesota. Sparty showed the others how to really stop us and they will imitate Sparty- just a question if they have the speed. Our offensive line will not improve against good teams. We will be embarrassed again if we make it to the Big10 Championship game because the other team will be the same caliber or better than Sparty.

Man...so when you were a kid and did bad on a test or assignment, your parents just said "Well, better have another kid...this one sucks"

• Fire 2

Man...so when you were a kid and did bad on a test or assignment, your parents just said "Well, better have another kid...this one sucks"

This board is heavily divided into two camps

Those who are cautiously optimistic and believe we have a shot at winning a conference title and those who believe we should join the Sun Belt and that we are one of the worst teams in college football.

• Fire 3

I think anyone not drinking the kool-aid knew this game was a very probable loss.

So, if we do lose, it'll just be on to next week.

The way we played on offense has been terrible so far, but remember, things can change in a huge way from week to week. It's already happened McNeese to Miami, and again Illinois to tonight.

People who want to jump off the bandwagon if we lose, that's their right, but please join us again at any time :)

Your acceptance of the status quo brings to mind the following quote from Will Smith:

"Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity."

This board is heavily divided into two camps

Those who are cautiously optimistic and believe we have a shot at winning a conference title and those who believe we should join the Sun Belt and that we are one of the worst teams in college football.

Of course this is absolutely true and not exaggerated in the least. We have the reasonable cautiously optimistic smart people and then idiotic unreasonable jagoffs who actually care how the team performs on the field.