NET Big Red Wrap-Up MSU - Jason Peter - Video

Here is the Big Red Wrap-Up video link that includes the commentary by former Husker football player, Jason Peter.

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/big-red-wrap-michigan-state-recap-1407

Some will agree with his comments, some won't but I respect that he gave actual examples of his take as opposed to just being negative for the sake of being negative.

His segment starts around the 24 minute mark (which you can fast forward to).

• Fire 2

100% with him on Clapgate....and literally everything else he had to say. Just love this guys passion for Nebraska, and football in general

Right on. +1. He's an intense dude. He's a competitor. I respect the guy a lot for what he's given to this program but also for his honesty about his struggles. I give anyone credit for admitting their faults and mistakes and doing their best to right themselves.

• Fire 2

He's spot on with his comment about Mitchell loafing on the backside pursuit on one of Langford's TDs. I noticed it live and said to my wife, "Nice f'ing effort Mitchell". Pathetic really. Reminded me of the championship game against Wiscy for a second...

He's spot on with his comment about Mitchell loafing on the backside pursuit on one of Langford's TDs. I noticed it live and said to my wife, "Nice f'ing effort Mitchell". Pathetic really. Reminded me of the championship game against Wiscy for a second...

I like Mitchell. That was a horrible effort on that tackle. I won't hold it against him. He's a baller and a good leader. He just made a poor effort on that one.

I like Mitchell. That was a horrible effort on that tackle. I won't hold it against him. He's a baller and a good leader. He just made a poor effort on that one.

He had a pretty poor game for whatever reason. That play was the worst. I don't expect it to happen again.

He had a pretty poor game for whatever reason. That play was the worst. I don't expect it to happen again.

One has to wonder how healthy he was for this game. Seems like the bye week is well-timed to get some guys healed up.

I just watched it. Like I said in the shed thread, I agree with him on everything except the Gregory discussion and moving him around like we do. It's not a weakness. He's is just talented enough and versatile enough for us to do that to create mismatches and dictations. Greg McMullen and Avery Moss are not capable of playin the edge AND inside linebacker or a spinner technique in a 34. Gregory gives us that option, and his talent level creates a situation in which the offense has to account for him EVERY SINGLE PLAY. And when we're movin him around, it creates issues on the offense. And saturday night, we didnt move him around much. Which I find interesting as it fits in with the rest of the things we do really well but just threw out saturday night.

I just watched it. Like I said in the shed thread, I agree with him on everything except the Gregory discussion and moving him around like we do. It's not a weakness. He's is just talented enough and versatile enough for us to do that to create mismatches and dictations. Greg McMullen and Avery Moss are not capable of playin the edge AND inside linebacker or a spinner technique in a 34. Gregory gives us that option, and his talent level creates a situation in which the offense has to account for him EVERY SINGLE PLAY. And when we're movin him around, it creates issues on the offense. And saturday night, we didnt move him around much. Which I find interesting as it fits in with the rest of the things we do really well but just threw out saturday night.

I agree with him about Gregory. Did we need to get cute with Wistrom, Tomich or Alberts? Nope.

• Fire 1

I agree with him about Gregory. Did we need to get cute with Wistrom, Tomich or Alberts? Nope.

Exactly. We didnt NEED to.

We apparently need to with Gregory. He's obviously more effective when being moved around than he is line up at a normal DE spot where, like I said, the offense can easily run away from him, double team him with the tacklel and a back/TE chippin, cut block the hell out of him. Movin him around, esp in obvious pass downs where he can delay blitz and pick his spots is great. Imagine if they did that stuff with Clowny. Gregory is a tremendous athlete for his size. His quickness allows for it and generates tremendous mismatches. Now a days football is about matchups and exploiting mismatches. it's just another thing with Peter about the good ole days...."ah just put your hand in the ground and be a badass and run everyone over". Does not work that way.

It's a different era, man. The defense we have now doesn't benefit from the overall talent around it like those players did.

Think of it this way. If we send RG off the edge all night it allows the QB and OT a chance to adjust and the QB may be consciously keeping an eye on that side of the field. If we trot RG out to LB, we can send him as basically a missile through a handful of the interior gaps, which not only makes the entire OL worry about where he's at but throws the QB off as well.

Bo is slowly but surely restocking the defensive talent. Injuries have taken a big toll so far this season, and I can't preach enough that needs some serious examination in the offseason. But right now, we're taking advantage of our biggest weapon to disrupt the cohesiveness and rhythm of opponent's entire offenses.

Man, you can really tell Peter still eats, sleeps, breathes, and p***es NU football. I love it! But it's one thing to sit around and examine the team and critique it's weaknesses. It's a whole other beast to go about actually working to fix them. Bo's job is much harder.

They got really freaking cute with Farley...that cat lined up all over the place all the time.