NET Big Red Wrap-Up MSU - Jason Peter - Video

Let's not go all ad hominem on Peter for having a legitimate beef.

He was pissed the team played as poorly as they did. The film said he's not wrong to be upset. Don't let you dislike of the man cloud your judgment of his legitimate criticism.

I don't even know how you could dislike him unless your a closet fan of another team we piss pounded during his time here.

Calling a teenage kid a Zero may not inspire him to perform on/off the field.

Nope, maybe not a teenage kid...but then again, I don't think Nebraska has any kids on the offensive line, since they are all over 18. If we have 20-22 year old kids, that's probably the problem right there.

I make the dividing line between men and boys the 18th birthday, but that just might be old fashioned thinking on my part, like going to a job interview without your parents.

Honestly, how on earth could this be a societal problem? I don't even understand the argument.

Oh, and as background, I very much believe in the pussification of America, as someone referenced earlier in this thread. I go to work every single day at a very major company, and the PC touchy-feely conversations that go nowhere, as well the schoolgirl backstabbing politics, frustrates me to no end.

However... how the heck does any of that explain the same deer-in-headlights scared team we witness week after week in big games, years on end?

'Cuz I watched Mississippi State, and they sure don't look scared. And that's a team, as announcers point out, that mostly comprised of 2 and 3 star recruits (I'm quoting them, and I'm not going to do research to make sure it's correct, btw).

I watch Florida St, and they sure don't seem to be affected by pussification.

I watch Alabama, and societal issues sure don't seem to be wearing Houndstooth clothing.

Brian Kelly took over a Notre Dame an irrelevant program and had growing pains at first. And maybe he just gets lucky that his motivation-less kids win games on Saturdays with schedules that put ours to shame??

Bob Stoops has also lucked out similarly for 15 years after taking over a horrendous Oklahoma program.

Whatever the cause, our coaches cannot motivate and inspire our players to believe that they're a championship team. Watch some Top 10 college football. We are NOT a physical football team. We do not really believe we will win these big games. There's just no way. They sure don't play like it (year after year after year).

How can societal issues possibly explain the product that we see out there on Saturdays against any team worth a damn?

I, personally love Jason Peters! Jason knows what it takes to be a champion, so what he says holds alot of weight with me! He, also knows the mindset needed, to get to where, all of us want the see the Huskers get to... which is obviously a National Championship. Therefore, he will ALWAYS give you what you need, not what you want, because that is simply who he is... which is exactly what's needed! Yes, in the past he has tended to give a very harsh viewpoint that was usually 90% critical and 10 % positive, but let me ask you, was it the truth? Did he every say anything that could be considered totally off the mark and just plain false? I can't think of anything? Not anything that could be considerd totally unsubstantiated?

The guy loves Husker football and is very competetive and passionate on all he does but especially Husker football. He gave everything he had to the program and was a vital part of helping the Huskers reach the pinnacle of college football. For that, I am forever grateful to the man who left everythng he had to give out on the field.

God bless you Jason Peters!

• Fire 1

Honestly, how on earth could this be a societal problem? I don't even understand the argument.

Oh, and as background, I very much believe in the pussification of America, as someone referenced earlier in this thread. I go to work every single day at a very major company, and the PC touchy-feely conversations that go nowhere, as well the schoolgirl backstabbing politics, frustrates me to no end.

However... how the heck does any of that explain the same deer-in-headlights scared team we witness week after week in big games, years on end?

'Cuz I watched Mississippi State, and they sure don't look scared. And that's a team, as announcers point out, that mostly comprised of 2 and 3 star recruits (I'm quoting them, and I'm not going to do research to make sure it's correct, btw).

I watch Florida St, and they sure don't seem to be affected by pussification.

I watch Alabama, and societal issues sure don't seem to be wearing Houndstooth clothing.

Brian Kelly took over a Notre Dame an irrelevant program and had growing pains at first. And maybe he just gets lucky that his motivation-less kids win games on Saturdays with schedules that put ours to shame??

Bob Stoops has also lucked out similarly for 15 years after taking over a horrendous Oklahoma program.

Whatever the cause, our coaches cannot motivate and inspire our players to believe that they're a championship team. Watch some Top 10 college football. We are NOT a physical football team. We do not really believe we will win these big games. There's just no way. They sure don't play like it (year after year after year).

How can societal issues possibly explain the product that we see out there on Saturdays against any team worth a damn?

We do not play with the same amount of aggression that I have seen recently with the "top programs". We lack the killer mentality, the playing with controlled rage and "pinning" our ears back. Our OL road graded lesser teams, but much like SDSU gave the blue print on stopping Martinez. McNeese showed how to stop TA and AA. It's the OC's job to realize this and get a manageable plan B. We don't. And haven't.

I have no idea why we are not aggressive and do not instill fear or impose our will on teams. VS like talent it's a push, but we should have steam rolled McNeese and didn't. Same with other programs in the past.

All day yesterday, announcers mentioned the toughness or aggressiveness of teams. With NU, they mention the last time we beat a team on the road that was ranked.............

All I know, there's no excuse for not beating Northwestern by at least 20 points. Northwestern, no bueno.

We need this mentality. We plan to curb stomp every team we meet enroute to kicking the sh!t out of MSU.

I would even go back to square 1 on the OL and last week and this would be finding my new starters. Hell, i'd even sit our captain Cotton. Nothing gets the competition going than seeing the captain ride the pine for his complete abandonment of anything that remotely looked like FBS level play.

Oddly, in the Big Red Breakfast prior to the MSU game, Barney said the "tougher team" would win............

• Fire 1