Could Nebraska Make The Playoff this year? Any chance with total domination from here on out?

We only lost by 5 to Michigan State By 5 on the road and had an easy chance to win. Say we pound the rest of the teams(very doable) and win the Conference title game and all hell breaks loose after us going 12-1 do we have a chance? Say we blow Sparty out in the title game..remember when we beat Wisky 30-27 2 years ago in the regular season and got blown out 70-31 by the same team in the ccg? why is sparty automatically given chance and we aren't?

It would take total chaos to hit for us to even get a sniff if we were to win out. Not saying it could not happen, because we saw what happened last week.

Ohio State has the best chance I think if they win out. Their only loss early in the season with the star QB out. Would have beaten Michigan State.

The losses to Oregon and Virginia Tech and our close/lucky win over McNeese State really hurt this conference not to mention the way the conference showed against other power 5 conferences the first few weeks.

If we win out, a whole lot of teams would have to lose and most twice for us to move ahead of them. I doubt we would be in the top ten if we win out.

But lets do it just for grins and giggles. I would love to see what happens.

• Fire 1

At 12-1 Nebraska has a shot, yes.

I'd half agree with this. They need a little bit of help (not much, but some) and we'd need to beat a 11-1 MSU in the B1G Title Game (instead of a lower-ranked tOSU), and hope we get another ranked opponent (Rutgers, Minnesota, Wisky) or two along the way for good measure.

Thinking Minnesota and Wisky are our best shot for ranked opponents. IIRC.

At 12-1 Nebraska has a shot, yes.

I'd half agree with this. They need a little bit of help (not much, but some) and we'd need to beat a 11-1 MSU in the B1G Title Game (instead of a lower-ranked tOSU), and hope we get another ranked opponent (Rutgers, Minnesota, Wisky) or two along the way for good measure.

Thinking Minnesota and Wisky are our best shot for ranked opponents. IIRC.

Actually....Iowa has a decent shot at being ranked if they just keep winning...and they probably will...by the time Neb sees them....could be in the top 20ish.

It has been a crazy season so far. Who would have guessed 7 weeks ago that 2 Mississippi schools would be in the top 3 now? The PAC 10 champ could have two losses. Fla St is in trouble if Jameis is kicked off. Baylor could stumble but their offense will be hard to stop. They still have to play Okla, OSU and K St. We would have to win out convincingly and be ranked ahead of the SEC #2 team. If the Mississippi schools play a close game and the winner wins the SEC CCG by a lot, that might get us aced out of the playoffs. Crazier things have happened.